Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
71.05%
No
28.95%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Do u like to work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 12:03 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Do u like to work?

ORIGINAL: 99a4audi

i love work, i get paid to drive rich peoples toys
valet parking?

Old 01-10-2006, 12:25 AM
1st Gear

I'm an aircraft mechanic in the US Air Force and I ******* love it. Without work, I would feel lost in life.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:35 AM
1st Gear

I love working for my self. I get to choose my hours and the money is great! I teach people how to manage their money better. Get debt paid off and then save money. I just showed another client how to get $10,000 back on their taxes... every year! I love my job.

The worst job I had was working the night shift for a full service gas station off the highway. I did this while going to school, it was always busy, never had time to do my assignments. And the money sucked... ready for this... minimum wage was $4.25 an hour.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:35 AM
2nd Gear

lol

Old 01-10-2006, 01:49 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: biker

I love working for my self. I get to choose my hours and the money is great! I teach people how to manage their money better. Get debt paid off and then save money. I just showed another client how to get $10,000 back on their taxes... every year! I love my job.

The worst job I had was working the night shift for a full service gas station off the highway. I did this while going to school, it was always busy, never had time to do my assignments. And the money sucked... ready for this... minimum wage was $4.25 an hour.
tahts almost not even worth it!

Old 01-10-2006, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

That's why it was my worst job! That's what minimum wage was at the time

Old 01-10-2006, 01:51 PM

I've been with a construction company for 4 months working as a project engineer. I do like the job, but I don't like the management team I'm working with. Its all about screwing the hard working laborers/workers/subcontractors out of money which kills me. But thats that nature of the beast I guess.

Old 01-10-2006, 07:28 PM
2nd Gear

I work for Patient's Choice Homecare - stupid boring office stuff (but I am about to get a raise) and work graphics in my free time for local record label. Both are $11/hr. Hate working at the office but love doing graphics.

In near future I wanna switch to DJing. You don't work a lot and make about 50 an hr...only thing is you gotta give up Friday and Saturday nights sometimes.

Old 01-10-2006, 08:22 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Fieldy

I work for Patient's Choice Homecare - stupid boring office stuff (but I am about to get a raise) and work graphics in my free time for local record label. Both are $11/hr. Hate working at the office but love doing graphics.

In near future I wanna switch to DJing. You don't work a lot and make about 50 an hr...only thing is you gotta give up Friday and Saturday nights sometimes.
I used to spin in a couple different clubs and it got really old, really fast. That environment sucks when your working with the owners and what not. It's a very shady area. I just spin at friends houses who spin and drink beers. Relax and enjoy the music. The people you are playing for in clubs don't care about the music and aren't really listening to it. It's a side job, not a career.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:51 PM
dan
2nd Gear

I've been lucky enough to always liked my job, as soon as i no longer enjoy it i move on.

That was specially true when i was doing my chefs apprenticeship. I was 17, essentially running the kitched on a restaurant that was pulling in between 15-18k (australia)/night weekends that jumped to closer to 22-25k/might. I pretty much could walk out of the job and into another within hours. It was awesome to have that kind of rep in the industry.

When i got bored I moved over to IT and Network Security.

Currently working from home doing network security engineering and I also run my own hosting company. I love what i do now, I don't foresee that ever changing.

Quick Reply: Do u like to work?