Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Do laser sights work?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

not the exact one but it will give you an idea!

Old 03-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Guru

^ The guy in that video almost looked like Clint Smith. Clint Smith is the muthafuckin' man.

Old 03-23-2010, 03:00 PM
2nd Gear

AWD, your capacity to be an a$$hole never ceases to amaze me. You must have been bullied a lot as a kid and you still feel inferior to others in life so you need to act the big man behind the security of the internet. And for a guy that likes to pull out the SAT vocabulary words to sound all educated, you should know that "irregardless" is not a word. A perfect example of someone who isn't very smart trying to act it. The rest of your baseless rant just proves the point further.

In terms of the advise, I was asking if the device is accurate. A simple yes or no would have done, but instead you have to get all high and mighty in your usual righteous fashion and try to serve up yet another life lesson. No, the laser won't make me a better shot, but if a little red dot helps me hit the target, then why not? As I practice and improve my technique, then even better. Should I not get better suspension for my car or chip it because I'm not a professional race car driver? Will it not go faster and handle better even though I'm the same driver? Others did, in fact, give the same advice about practice and technique, which I did not disregard. The fact that I went ahead and got the sight doesn't mean that I didn't listen. The answer to the accuracy question was inconclusive so when it went on sale I figured I would just try it out. Now I know that it's not.

As to the original question and my conclusion, while the laser does point exactly where it is directed, that does not mean it is being directed accurately. Because there is no way to adjust it, if the thing is off it is off. And trust me, it is off. You may never allow yourself to believe this because you are too busy trying to make yourself feel better by putting other people down. You'll note that the only person doing any ridiculing is you, and then you look for the support of others, another sign of insecurity. I pity you - you're a sad little man.

To the others, thanks again for the advice. That .45 with the shotgun rounds looks wicked! No need to even aim with that thing.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Zombie Defense Force

I don't remember what laser you bought but i know that having one can help out. i personally don't own one but i have shot a kimber and a sig with one. the kimber had it built into the right side grip, and the sig had it built into the guide rod. lasers work IF you have a proper shooting technique. it allows you to pull your head out of alignment with the gun and your target and still see where you are pointing eg to look at multiple targets. it wont make your more accurate just show you where you are aiming. im sure it has already been said but tl;dr it all.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:41 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by yesss4
AWD, your capacity to be an a$$hole never ceases to amaze me. You must have been bullied a lot as a kid and you still feel inferior to other
So, you admit to being impressed. FTR, I was born an A$$hole, and just got BIGGER! I am, and have ALWAYS been quite proud of that fact.

You must have been bullied a lot as a kid and you still feel inferior to others in life so you need to act the big man behind the security of the internet.
Nope. Never. Stop projecting, it's unseemly.

And for a guy that likes to pull out the SAT vocabulary words to sound all educated, you should know that "irregardless" is not a word.
Nor is GFE acceptably defined in ANY Gub'ment reg, but, just like "irregardless" it remains in use. Go figure.

A perfect example of someone who isn't very smart trying to act it.
It's NOT an act, trust me. And, this being teh "anonymous" interwebs, I am permitted to speak colloquially, whenEVER I feel like it.

In terms of the advise, I was asking if the device is accurate. A simple yes or no would have done, but instead you have to get all high and mighty in your usual righteous fashion and try to serve up yet another life lesson.
Note to self: No more "life-lessons" for Yesss4, he, apparently already knows them all.

This doesn't HAVE to be anonymous, if you don't want it to be. PM me for directions and I'll happily provide you point-to-point. We can sit down and discuss our differences, over a beer, if you like, or apple juice, if I'm choosing.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Guru

Can I come too? I prefer cranberry juice to apple juice though.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:19 PM
Senior Administrator

Originally Posted by airguard350
Can I come too? I prefer cranberry juice to apple juice though.
I don't think he'll accept my offer. Or, if he does, he'll prolly bring his gun; which I won't hafta worry about, since he's such an admittedly poor aim. But, if you were sitting next to me YOU might get hit. Then he'd waste a clip, or two, trying to take out any/all witnesses, of course (all of whom will escape unscathed). Still, you'd most likely end up injured, dead, or WORSE!! Tell ya what, if ya gots an ex-wife, or G/F you no longer like, send HER in your place...

Where, exactly, in the "Lunatic Fringe" will you be coming from, anyway? I can't seem to find it on google-maps.

If he does take me up, I'll PM you (both) with pinpoint directions from wherever you may happen to be (in ANY dimension), and we can work out a best time for all. Or, maybe even neutral ground, geographically centered-ish!

My offer WAS genuine, BTW. And, I'm buyin'. We'll call it the Audi-Beer/Apple/Cranberry-Summit of 2010!!!

Old 03-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Guru

Woot! As for Google Maps a little town called Mars, PA is close enough. Jazz, are you going to the NY meet? Me and chocolat are convoying.

Old 03-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

YEY Convoy! Can we have CB's and code names?!

Old 03-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Senior Administrator

I'll hafta hold off until the summer. Gots a few things I *need* to concentrate on, besides, until I can find someone in the Metro DC area WITH at least a "Secret" clearance AND a car, I'm stuck working 7-days a week on 2 different jobs! No joy for Troy, anytime soon. (booooo... Hsssssss.... Boooooo!!!)

I need to:
FINALLY get around to completing my CISSP cert.
FINALLY get around to completing my CAP cert.
Get around to completing my CPP cert (Hey, Chocalot, this would be low-hanging fruit, for you, and a step towards contract work as a Physical Security Consutant, if you diddit.)

All BEFOE my next berfdey, mid-july.

After THAT, I'm gonna ask for a $20-$25k raise, THEN take a long cruise and relax for a couple weeks.

***I'm currently single, if any AF MILFs wanna escape the curtain-crawlers and spend some time wif a STUD like ME!!! Wanna see me LICK MY EYEBROWZ?!?!?!***

Quick Reply: Do laser sights work?