Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Digital Photography

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:59 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Digital Photography

ORIGINAL: kolbs_91

ORIGINAL: Woodhead2k

Nice to see some fellow photographers! I dont think I've posted any of my photos but here are a few of my favoritesand a link to my gallery (Isnt the biggest yet just getting too lazy to upload)

Oh and I use the Cannon Powershot S5 IS w/ a telescopic andwide attachments

EDIT: Click on the photo to expand

http://woodhead2k.deviantart.com/art/New-Years-73539095
http://woodhead2k.deviantart.com/art...-Lime-73278757

http://woodhead2k.deviantart.com/art...Shore-73235530
http://woodhead2k.deviantart.com/art...uette-76822153

Gallery: http://woodhead2k.deviantart.com/gallery/
Very nice pictures!! Why aren't any prints available on Slice of Lime?? That was my favorite one.
Thanks man! I might just have to add prints for Slice of Lime. I think I'll need to upload a new photo with larger resolution to be able to get some of the larger prints.

Old 02-09-2008, 05:17 PM
6th Gear

^^ slice of Lime is my new background. And do you live at lake Tahoe? If yes, how do you like it, I'm possibly considering moving there when I graduate (if work can allow it)

Old 02-09-2008, 05:32 PM
4th Gear

This thread is great!
Not too long ago I purchased a Canon Powershot G9, and it's far too advance for my abilities...
Please keep the advice coming guys!

Old 02-09-2008, 05:48 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: CAB509

^^ slice of Lime is my new background. And do you live at lake Tahoe? If yes, how do you like it, I'm possibly considering moving there when I graduate (if work can allow it)
Awesome! Yea I've lived in Tahoe for my entire lifebut I'm at school at the University of Colorado at Boulder. I love it, especially during the summer you can practically do anything from boating to mt. biking, kayaking, rafting, hiking, etc. If you're a big outdoors kinda guy you'll love Tahoe. What are you studying? Keep in mind Tahoe is pretty expensiveplace tolive especially if you'll looking at buying real estate but its still an awesome place to live. I could probably go on and on about it

The New Years photo is of Crystal Bay/Point where my town Incline Village is on the north shore.

You should take a trip out over the summer; you're more than welcome to stay in the guest bedroom [8D]

Old 02-09-2008, 05:56 PM
6th Gear

I might ahve to take you up on that, I'm studying Marketing and international business, and actually almost went to UC boulder. I'm a huge outdoors guy and action sport enthusiast so I figured being on a lake would be good for wakeboarding/boating and everything else in the summer, and I know there is some good skiing around there in the winter.

Old 02-09-2008, 07:05 PM
2nd Gear

Just let me know if you come out and I'll show you whats up and where we meet in reno for GTGs/street racing . Skiing in the winter is also amazing, there's about 15 mountains within 1 hour from my house. If you drive out in the Audi out you'll have to try our timetrial up mt. rose pass!

Old 02-09-2008, 09:10 PM
1st Gear

I was literally about to start a thread about which digital camera to buy, but it seems like it goes with this thread good enough. So, im in the market for a digi cam, which one would you guys recommend? Im not looking for the best camera in the world or anything, just something that takes good pics. (in the 300$ range) Everyone ive talked to just says "canon, anything canon" Do you guys agree with this? Suggestions on models and personal experiences with them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:14 AM
4th Gear

Canon does make nice cameras. I have used both but I like my Nikon better. It fits my hand better to. Do you want a point and shoot, D-SLR, or a semi-SLR (not quite an SLR but more than a point and shoot)? What will you be taking pictures of primarily?

I can help you in your decision if you want.

Josh

Old 02-10-2008, 05:02 AM
2nd Gear

If he has a $300 budget I'm pretty sure he's not looking for an SLR. Get a Canon Powershot. My sister has one and it takes awesome photos without all the complicated features of SLR or my Canon. One of my buddies has a Nikon SLR and he wishes he had a Canon similar to mine if not just an entry level camera from Canon. You wont really benefit from an SLR unless you are doing some serious photography and carrying a bag around with all your lenses will get annoying.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

This is a great thread...everyones pics are badass. I recently purchased a Canon Powershot G7, and have been messing around with it for a while now..still trying to figure out what some of the settings do, but I have gotten some basics down. I was wondering, does anyone know if I could (or should) change the lens for different effects and whatnot...I am still super new to the camera world. These are some of the recent stuff I have taken (I really like to take pics of inanimate objects for some reason)

Name:  IMG_1945.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  78.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1953.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  100.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1827.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  98.1 KB

So I know they aren't the best, but for only taking pics for about 2 months now, I'd say they aren't the worst of all time.

Quick Reply: Digital Photography