Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

A different run in w/ the Cops

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 07:09 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default A different run in w/ the Cops

So there I am driving Downtown, when i spot a black & white ahead of me in the next lane...
I notice that hes in the middle of the lane - not moving.. just blocking traffic...
I get that all to familiar feeling that he's looking right at me
I get over into the turning lane - and make a right. I see him - cut across lanes & follow me - *gulp*

he speeds up to get in the lane next to me & I hear him say "Hey Bro! - "

I look over at him...

he says "Where do you get those German front plates?"

i3uddha - "on the internet"

officer - "oh really? cool - it looks sweet!"

i3uddha - [sm=insomnia.gif]

I managed to say thanks & wave - then as he light turned yellow - I sped ahead & ran it [:-]

n-ewayz I thought I was gonna get ticketed / towed / impounded for not having front plates...
turns out I got a [sm=smiley20.gif]

I guess you get treated a lil differently in a Euro than in a import tuner..
I could defenitley get used to that !

Old 04-22-2006, 07:33 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: A different run in w/ the Cops

wow .. nice change of attitude of the copper... i had some guy walk in front of my car the other day as i was pulling into a restaurant jsut to ask me where i got my Euro Tag...

must be the tags man... [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

[sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 04-22-2006, 10:02 AM
3rd Gear

Just goes to show that there are nice ones out there. I have never had a bad run in with the cops.

Old 04-22-2006, 02:16 PM

It doesnt make me sound any better but with all the run-ins I've had, as long as your completely upfront with them there really chill. I got pulled over last year for speeding a little excessivly (if thats how you spell it). And when he asked me what he pulled me over for, I told him how fast I was going when he gunned me and he sorta looked at me funny... wound up giving me a ticket for my insurance card expiring the week before.

Some cops can be really really cool as long as you dont try to pull a retarded lie about why you were not following the rules of the road or play them for stupid. And although some of them are chill, I still stick with my original ego-based feelings that all cops can suck it and take one in the butt. But that could be b/c in 19 and absolutely HATE anything even remotely resembling authority.

Old 04-22-2006, 02:23 PM
3rd Gear

Thats an awesome story Turbo, I wish I could get that lucky with the fuzz. I agree with Fez on cops can take it in the butt, however, not all cops are bad

Old 04-22-2006, 02:50 PM
2nd Gear

Every cop here in town has seen my front plates, and they have yet to pull me over for them. Alot of people in town think I'm from "Out of Town". Go Figure...

Old 04-22-2006, 03:53 PM
4th Gear

wow thats awesome, i havent had a front licences plate on for about a year and half no probelms yet. but gotta love chill cops

Old 04-22-2006, 04:04 PM
dan
2nd Gear

When I 1st got my car, before I had my license plate put on and still had the stupid paper tag in the rear window (which you couldnt see due to the tint anyway) I had a local cop follow me for 2+ miles. I pulled into the pep boys lot to pick up some MF towels and he pulled up next to me.

He ended up talking to me about the car for about 1/2 hour, never mentioning the missing plate or the fact you couldnt see the paper crap in the back window.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:23 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: cary12

Just goes to show that there are nice ones out there. I have never had a bad run in with the cops.

Wholy smack ! never? im happy for u !

yeah I guess I figured most front plate stops are if u dont have one at all -
I got harassed about that when i had my 240sx. & I guess that whole fast & furious extravaganza
gave the whole import scene a bad image & it was too hard to distinguish from ricers & car enthusiasts.

The S4 is alot like me i guess - a lil' more refined,
still knows how to have fun , & oh so classy [:-]

Quick Reply: A different run in w/ the Cops