Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

desperately need feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 02:24 PM
1st Gear
Default desperately need feedback

So i am looking in buying a car online. problem is, i am in OH and the car is in CA, so i won't be able to test drive it. That worries me enough, but then i was looking for some reviews on the dealer and i only found 2, one good, and one very bad. here it is

"This dealership was the former FIVE STAR AUTO GROUP DO NOT BUY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!! This is owned and managed by ANDY TOORAJI, who is a devious liar and one of the most untrustworthy person that i have ever encountered in a car dealership. This dealership sells LEMON vehicles with tampered odometers and cars that had shoddy maintenance. DO NOT TRUST THIS DEALERSHIP BECAUSE THEY ARE LIARS, SCANDALOUS AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED."

So now i went from extremely excited to really worried. Does anyone know anything about San Diego Motorcars, Inc., the Five Star Auto Group or this Andy Tooraji guy? I haven't paid for it yet, so i need to make a decision and some feedback would help. Thanks guys.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Default RE: desperately need feedback

i AM SO tired of this board! f'ing posting!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2008, 02:55 PM

i looked at cars there when i was trying to find myself a new car. meh, it is like just about any other used car dealer. i NEVER trust them. you should ALWAYS get a ppi before buying a ANY used car.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:55 PM

also, i looked for four months before i found the car i wanted. it was in VA. so, i did the following:
searched for reviews.
ran a carfax.
had a friend test drive it and get a ppi done.
bought it.
shipped it with DAS.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:56 PM

if you are really interested in the car, run a car fax and see if it is worth further review. then, have a test drive and a ppi done by someone locally. even if you do not know anyone here. i am sure you can find someone on this board that will do it for you. just get them the money for the ppi and maybe a little extra compensation for helping you out. if it goes beyond that, buy it. as far as that goes, you should also know that buying a car from out of state can cause loan problems. my credit would not authorize a loan even though i qualify for enough to buy 5 cars for the same price because there is no guarantee that it would pass inspection here in CA. so, i had to buy it on my credit card. once it was registered in CA i was able to get the loan approved and paid off my cc. also, shipping with DAS was easy, quick and relatively cheap compared to some other shippers.

Old 07-31-2008, 02:56 PM

hope that helps. good luck.
btw, i'd love to offer myself up to do a test drive and ppi. but, i don't have the free time. check out the "west" forum. there's plenty of so cal folks there.