Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Der Ein Tag 1000 Rally - **Event Update**

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:44 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: My own personal Gumball 1000?

yeah i recommend itsmycookie... guys like a photoshop god. unnatural almost.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

His chops dont even look like Chops... theyre just so smoooth.
Id ask him to do my sig - w/ all fancy graphics, but I want a cool pic.

Old 03-29-2006, 01:51 PM
2nd Gear

Yea, I just sent him a pm, hopefully he can help me out...

Old 03-29-2006, 04:34 PM
2nd Gear

that sounds like an awesome idea man! i am originally from vancouver (now from seattle area) so as for the cops... on that highway you should be pretty safe i wouldn't doubt if you don't see many other ppl besides cops. it will be pretty chill until you pass through 100 mile house/willams lake area. then you will start getting into a sparcely populated area and that is where i would assume cops will become more prevalent. God i want to drive my car up there and come back with you! Maybe i could meet you at some point in the last 250 miles or so and travel back to seattle area with you. that would be pretty sweet! i would definatly love to join atleast part of the drive!

Old 03-29-2006, 06:38 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: swift_A4

that sounds like an awesome idea man! i am originally from vancouver (now from seattle area) so as for the cops... on that highway you should be pretty safe i wouldn't doubt if you don't see many other ppl besides cops. it will be pretty chill until you pass through 100 mile house/willams lake area. then you will start getting into a sparcely populated area and that is where i would assume cops will become more prevalent. God i want to drive my car up there and come back with you! Maybe i could meet you at some point in the last 250 miles or so and travel back to seattle area with you. that would be pretty sweet! i would definatly love to join atleast part of the drive!
Hell yea man, that would be kick @ss... Looking at the map, seems like someone just a little bit north of the Vancouver area would be good... If you want to do that, that would be great! Since I'm going for time, it would have to be a rather short stop. Any landmark that should be easy for me to spot while driving would be a good idea. You've got the route that I'm going to take at the beginning of this post, so let me know what you want to do.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:22 PM
3rd Gear

This will be awesome!!! I cant wait to see this video

Old 03-30-2006, 01:07 AM
2nd Gear

Hell yea man, that would be kick @ss... Looking at the map, seems like someone just a little bit north of the Vancouver area would be good... If you want to do that, that would be great! Since I'm going for time, it would have to be a rather short stop. Any landmark that should be easy for me to spot while driving would be a good idea. You've got the route that I'm going to take at the beginning of this post, so let me know what you want to do
i will figure it out but maybe i will say... meet you on the american side of the border @ whichever crossing you take. I figure that would be the most effective place to meet. do you know what border crossing you will be taking? i figure the easiest crossing will be the aldergrove crossing. i.e. as you are driving down the number 1 highway after you get through chilliwack area you will come to aldergrove. that is your best shot straight to the border and into the united states. i could meet you on the other side of the border in lynden.

Old 03-30-2006, 01:11 AM
2nd Gear

Hell yea! I'll take that route if you wanna meet up. I'll have to look at a map a little bit closer. I'm hoping to get someone who want's to be my navigator for the trip, to make best use of my time. Redgoat said he might think about flying up to Ketchikan the day before the rally. I'm almost tempted to pay half for who ever wants to do it. It should be someone in the Seattle area, since that's where my final destination is. I pricted it out and it came to $250 even (Flight to Ketchikan June 3rd, Ferry from Ketchikan to Prince Rupert June 4th).

More than happy to meet up on the other side of the border!

Old 03-30-2006, 01:28 AM
1st Gear

man... i hate you guys! im jealous.... i want to go too![:@][:'(]

Old 03-30-2006, 01:32 AM
2nd Gear

A6Audi just made the final logo! It looks great, can't wait to see it on my car!

Quick Reply: Der Ein Tag 1000 Rally - **Event Update**