Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

depression...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 01:05 AM
4th Gear

im huge into military actually haha... trying to get into an ROTC program... i went to the marines and was going to get sent to my whole little boot camp thing then my mom made me opt out... she said she wont let me yet, but might someday, but i want to sooooooooo badly... either that or an army ranger... but every boy will have his dreams

Old 09-07-2008, 01:15 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
im huge into military actually haha... trying to get into an ROTC program... i went to the marines and was going to get sent to my whole little boot camp thing then my mom made me opt out... she said she wont let me yet, but might someday, but i want to sooooooooo badly... either that or an army ranger... but every boy will have his dreams

well assuming you are 18, and given the fact that your parents seem to not really care all that much what you do. Why not join up? if anything it gives you a base and a skill set that few have in life and will earn you the respect of every American citizen (whether they show it or not) And when your out, they help pay for college and everything.

I know and my parents understand that if the time comes and I feel the need that in my life I must serve my country, I will be saying with a smile and my head held High, Semper Fi.

Also I've loved the military since I was little too.

But if enlisting isn't your thing, I got a good number of friends in ROTC programs and they love it. You get two years with assistance financially before having to sign anything and make any commitment to service.

Last edited by CAB509; 09-07-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:18 AM
4th Gear

i dont want to be enlisted though, want to go through school then leave school as an officer and start there

Old 09-07-2008, 01:21 AM
6th Gear

i don't want to be enlisted though, want to go through school then leave school as an officer and start there

That's a legit plan and the same way I'm thinking if I ever join up. I promised my parents I'll get through college first then if I go in, go in as an officer.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:25 AM
4th Gear

yea, being enlisted must be shitty... but i feel like it would be a good way for me to get out...

Old 09-07-2008, 01:30 AM

"everything will be ok in the end, if its not ok, its not the end"

that is a quote that helped me get through one of the toughest times in my life. I will not bore anyone with my tragic girlfriend stories either, but just know man, everything happens for a reason, you may not agree with what life has dealt you at the moment, but things will always play out your way as long as you make it a priority to do so. A previous event in my life devastated me from back in H.S. but looking back now, I'm happy it happened in the sense that it gave me a whole new perspective on life, taught me how to appreciate things that i never used to.

I am truly sorry that you are going through what you are going through, no person deserves to have done to them, what your dad did to you. Maybe, in the long run, if you decide to have kids someday, this will help you become the best father a kid could ever ask for

P.S. I hate studying. Somehow, this past term (last of my junior year) i managed to pull off 5 A's and 1 B, 3.78gpa (the 'B' from a prof. that doesn't know that the letter 'A' is apart of the alphabet haha) and i swear i didnt put in as much effort that i should have to deserve those grades. thats why i love upper division classes, stuff you actually may use someday But i envy people like you that can pick up stuff like physics, engineering, etc. and just mash thru it no problem. you obviously got a talent man, hopefully it goes to good use.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:41 AM
Site Moderator

You need to find a vent. Like exercise, a new hobby, new friends, new family, new something. Everyone has love problems, thats something you'll learn to cope with. Some are more sensitive to different situations than others. You gotta put yourself in a position to rise up above your every insecurity. This might sound strange, but concentrate on the fundamentals of survival. You do not need a functioning family to be a happy human being. You do not need a functioning automobile to be a happy human being. Bailing your ex out is nice, but not in your best interests. Seems to me that you are not putting yourself FIRST. Seems to me you have a case of "nice guy" syndrome. You've got to eventually say "**** it!" this is my life, **** happens, it's not ideal, but I'm going to rise above it all!" There is no other choice. Well, there is, but it's called depression, and is not an option. When you think you are depressed, you acquire a feeling of hopelessness, vulnerability, and loss of control. Get it in your head that that is not even an option. Concentrate on what you are good at and make something of it. Get off your *** and away from the computer, eat healthy and exercise!!!!!!!!!!! Give yourself a purpose and live by it. People admire those who have regimen and stability in their life. That means getting up at a reasonable hour of the day, eating 3 meals, getting some physical exercise DAILY, and knowing what is in your best interests and abiding by them even if that means letting your ex gf spend the night in a jail cell or understanding that family is a universal term and not restricted to blood type. If it is bad enough, get all your belongings together and pack your car and just start driving. Drive until you can't see straight and then you will realize what is most important for your survival and happiness. Im serious! Depression is not an option.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:41 AM
4th Gear

thanks guys, seriously though, physics calc and engineering are not a challenge so its hard to be motivated

Old 09-07-2008, 01:47 AM
6th Gear

thanks guys, seriously though, physics calc and engineering are not a challenge so its hard to be motivated

will this motivate you??

motivator

or how about this

motivator#2

Old 09-07-2008, 01:48 AM

No need for thnx man, glad to help. Just keep us posted on your IMPROVEMENTS

Quick Reply: depression...