Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

depression...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 12:50 AM
4th Gear

CAB--- couple of my friends are at boulder... they say they like it i guess...

boulder colorado im assuming?

Old 09-07-2008, 12:50 AM
5th Gear

H2O is my one big vent for the year.

I feel soo much more relaxed once we get down there and cruise. its like disney land. soon as we start heading home, i'm already looking forward to next year.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:52 AM
4th Gear

im not going to give you one of my stories, but ill tell ya we're here for you man, and we feel for ya

Old 09-07-2008, 12:53 AM
5th Gear

BTW, whats your major?

Old 09-07-2008, 12:56 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
CAB--- couple of my friends are at boulder... they say they like it i guess...

boulder colorado im assuming?

yeah, until last year, every day of summer was spent praying for a decent winter. I've been skiing for about 10 years now and it was and still is a huge part of my life and lifestyle, but since I went to Ohio State (wow that sounded corny) I found something to do in the spring, summer, fall... Waterski/wakeboard. So now my year can consist of sports that involve you being strapped into some sort of plank year round

Also I'm bored as FU<K right now, but thankfully I've had a summer job to keep my mind busy for the past few months but now that is over and I have about a week and a half until I go back to school. But luckily 5 days of that is being spent visiting New York City.

What I would suggest is maybe branch out of cars as your only hobby. I don't know but I've found a lot of my friends through things like the waterski club/team and I really don't have many strong friendships through car culture, it seems like mostly when I'm with car guys it's all car talk and nothing really meaningfull at times, but my closest friends are most definantly from scouting (after you've been camping with people for 8 years you get to be a pretty tight nit group)

So my advice, is maybe look for a new hobby to try out and see if you like it. What intrests you besides cars?

Old 09-07-2008, 12:57 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by achTTung
BTW, whats your major?

engineering science

Old 09-07-2008, 12:59 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by CAB509
So my advice, is maybe look for a new hobby to try out and see if you like it. What intrests you besides cars?
well, i play xbox like its my job haha

Old 09-07-2008, 01:01 AM
3rd Gear

haha, nice. That stuff can get really addicting, I know. I played a ton of XBL until my 360 got the 3 rings of death a week after the warranty expired

what games do you play? I'm assuming COD4

Old 09-07-2008, 01:03 AM
4th Gear

you assume wrong haha, halo nerd right here... cant seem to get my 50 though cause i dont know anyone else who is good which sucks...

ring of death huh, ouch... i cant believe mine hasnt crapped out given how much i play

Old 09-07-2008, 01:03 AM
6th Gear

Sounds like you need to get into MLG, haha

Anything else.

and also a random thought that might help you if you are unsure about where you want to be in life.

Have you considered the military? I know it's not for everyone and I'm not gonna preach it to anyone because I myself am not in it, but one of my good friends just got back from Paris Island (marine boot camp if you don't know) and it's done him a world of good and really helped his life. The military is sometimes a great place to be and somewhere I consider going at least 3 times a year it seems like.

Sidenote: Halo is for wannabe's and panzies who can't handle killing real people, if you want a real game, I'll play you in COD4 or BF: Bad Company anytime. I'm more of a realistic shooter guy. Also I might play you in Dirt of Forza, but I might just loose there I never seem to do that well when I need to.

Quick Reply: depression...