Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Demoted....

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Ky allroad
Good to know. We use Granger a lot but some others as well, will remember that about Fastenal.
Fastenal could beat Grainger's price, but Fastenal cannot beat their service. They have put a huge clamp down on pricing and discount so now I'm sure Grainger will win all the time. They just can't let go of there 70% profit margin. Psssh. I have still not heard back from unemployment. I was accepted, but I'm still waiting for the fight. I'll let ya know .

Old 11-11-2009, 06:33 PM

How attached are you to Michigan? Getting a new job there could be difficult given the unemployment rate (highest in the country). Think outside the box for a new position: relocate, enlist and let the military train you for a new skill, work for uncle sam....

Take this as an opportunity to evaluate ALL your options and find something you like and will be more secure. Good luck dude.

(Guard or Reserve training can be huge if you play it right, think about what you would do if money were no object, then find a way to get someone else to pay for your dream.)

Old 11-11-2009, 07:12 PM
4th Gear

Skip the unemployment - like it was said - it's overrated.

You have essentially 3 options.

Accept the demotion.

Accept the demotion and look for an alternative job.

or accept the demotion and prove to the idiots that run the show that they made a mistake and want you back on top.

Either way it would be foolish to bow out in this economy without a solid alternative job to fall back on. Good luck to you, mate.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:07 PM

If I could tell you how much I've been dragged through the mud for this company I would. I already refused the demotion. I only had a little bit left of me and I held on to it and said no. They fired me due to "lack of sales". My old lady has a good job and we have a house so part of the reason I cannot leave. I plan on going back to school in January and to start something new. This was the best choice I believe and the constant slap in the face turning into a sucker punch was something that I drew the line with. Not everyone will agree, but it just was not worth it. Last year I made $43k and had a pay agreement. This year I pushed just over $30k well below the verbal agreement I had and with the demotion I would only make $25k next year. I drive an hour one way to work ($300) a month in gas not including wear and tear plus the humiliation and stress was no way worth it. I do appreciate all the help anyhow and I will just have to see what happens. Like many others in this state.