Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Demoted....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Guru

If your state is not an "At Will" state you can review you state's labor laws and maybe file suit against your company for unethical treatment of it's employees. They embarass you, you embarass them. An eye for an eye my good sir.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by airguard350
An eye for an eye my good sir.
But make sure you use a rusty nail when you poke out theirs

Old 11-03-2009, 05:58 PM
4th Gear

Or use a skewer thats red hot...

Old 11-06-2009, 08:01 AM

Well I told him that I couldn't accept it and he was pretty much shocked since I've taken a beating there for almost three years. What's another pay cut and demotion? He ended up firing me for lack of sales, instead of refusing a demotion. I would imagine in the end I get unemployment but I know they will fight it. Going back to school will be fun and my stress is gone. Thanks for the all the constructive help .

Old 11-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Senior Administrator

If they terminate you have have to give you SOMETHING that says why. Otherwise you're not officially fired. They fire you, you get unemployment. If what they say to you they fired you for doesn't coincide with what they tell state unemployment, get a lawyer. In this economy lawyers are HUNGRY TOO!!! Let him/her take their cut of teh settlement, you take yours. Just get enough to go back to school, and pay your bills, for a year or so...

Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Guru

Well it might be hard to make a case on "hearsay". I wish I had suggested you record something or get it in writing. I mean Judges don't really like a lot of this he said she said stuff.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:52 PM

Curiosity, what is the company so we can be sure to NOT do business with them? You'd be surprised how interconnected the economy is.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Guru

^ Extremely true.

Old 11-10-2009, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ky allroad
Curiosity, what is the company so we can be sure to NOT do business with them? You'd be surprised how interconnected the economy is.
Well if you visit www.jobvent.com and type in Fastenal you can read about how they treat their employees. I don't want to get into a smash fest on them, but I was 100% screwed over and without any write up or warning they cannot say I was a bad manager. Just a force out and they wanted a change. It's sales and it sucks .

I also forgot to say that after they let me go, they magically brought in part time help to help facilitate the new manager. The part timer I've been trying to get since July while every other store in the district had one. My answer to not having enough staff was that I did not deserve it lol. Luckily I printed off my sales numbers for the last six months showing that most of the time, my small store was almost top in sales out of 17. The store has only been open for two years and I have a population of 8,000 and the smallest territory. Sorry I'll stop venting.

Last edited by Interceptor; 11-10-2009 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:54 PM

Good to know. We use Granger a lot but some others as well, will remember that about Fastenal.

Quick Reply: Demoted....