Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

deliverance

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: deliverance

ORIGINAL: Palindari

Always wondered why they called that tune "Duelling Banjos" when it's actually Banjo vs. Guitar... lol [&:]
The song predates teh movie. It was written for two banjo's to play off of each other with. Semi diff for a guitar player to keep up with a Banjo, on the song... different fingering, one-too-many strings. A VERY accomplished Banjoist can actually play BOTH parts, simultaneously. Saw Steve Martin do it, once, on a late-nigh talk show, about 20 years ago. And he's only a very good banjoist, but he lost it shortly after the 3rd stanza.

Old 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM

yep seen that and you even noticed the banjo had one less string than the guitar

Old 03-13-2007, 08:18 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic
The song predates teh movie. It was written for two banjo's to play off of each other with. Semi diff for a guitar player to keep up with a Banjo, on the song... different fingering, one-too-many strings. A VERY accomplished Banjoist can actually play BOTH parts, simultaneously. Saw Steve Martin do it, once, on a late-nigh talk show, about 20 years ago. And he's only a very good banjoist, but he lost it shortly after the 3rd stanza.
Well saw off my legs and call me "Thumbtack" - I never knew this!