Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dear Mr. Obama

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Guru
Default Dear Mr. Obama

You've all probably seen this, but it hit home with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG4fe9GlWS8

Old 11-01-2008, 11:49 PM
3rd Gear

A great vid from a young veteran!

Old 11-02-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm make believe

sure, everyone needs freedom, but we are in some serious **** here at home. Jobs are hard to come by and who knows how long the gas will remain reasonable. We are sinking further in debt trying to help others when all its really doing is giving china a stronger hold over our country. We send them all of our manufacturing jobs and take huge trade debt with them and they take the money from our jobs and buy more and more of the US debt.

Fix home, then worry about others right now.

Old 11-02-2008, 08:55 AM
4th Gear

Hes absolutely right. This war was not a mistake, it was a travesty of the current admin. As someone whos been there and witnessed the wasteful spending of taxpayer's dollars, the outright hatred by the iraqis towards us and the human sacrifices I can say this "war" was not a mistake. It was a deliberate, yet misguided, plan to gain another foothold in the middle east and to make ridiculous profits at the expense of the men and women who continue to give the ultimate sacrifice. Take a look at whos really profiting from this conflict. Private contracting firms with close ties to officials who handle military spending, worst of which halliburton. Cheney's "former" company in which hes still holds 300,000 stock options. Yet they get one of the biggest contracts, coincidence, yea right.
Yes the Iraqi people are better off since we've been there, but is the US better off? I'm not gonna undermine the sacrifices of the four soldiers in my company, or that of the thousands more who've lost lives and limbs. But I will not turn a blind eye to this admin's outright lies and deceit. Being the world's big brother at our own expense is wrong. Freedom isn't free, but we shouldn't have to trade ours for theirs.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:54 PM

Thats a great video!!! I loved the part when he walked away and showed exactly what he gave up for other peoples freedoms!!! Personally if I lved in Iraq and had a tyrant controling my every breath I would hope another country would have done the exact same thing for me

As far as fixing home first.....thats ridiculous, home will never be fixed the way it should be!!! We've been in debt for a long long time and our debt will never completely go away . Buisnesses use other countries to manufacture their products simply because its cheaper that also will never change.So when you talk about the war and put that in the same sentence as the problems in the US and use that as a scapegoat your a fool!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Trey25
Being the world's big brother at our own expense is wrong. Freedom isn't free, but we shouldn't have to trade ours for theirs.
Last I checked.......I am still free, and this is still a free country!

Old 11-02-2008, 01:14 PM
4th Gear

Okay Airguard - that's an impassioned commercial, I grant you that, but his passion is misplaced... so let me say something real quick.

We - as a people - fought the British to become who we are today.

We fought them off again in 1812.

Fought ourselves during our own civil war to keep us united.

Finally, after great reluctance, we helped France and Italy during first WW.

Then during a the Great Depression we fought the second WW on two fronts - which only one was truly our fight.

What's the point I'm making? Simple really. For a country to want to be free to have a democracy they have to do it. America has bloodied herself countless times to make her what she is today. The Iraqis - any country - must do the same.

What have the Iraqis done? Squat. Did they rise against Saddam?? No, they just accepted their plight like sheep.

Sure they want our freedoms - who doesn't?? But will they fight to keep them - most likely not. Again they are sheep.

But as you just saw - it cost that young man his legs and still they haven't pulled their collective **** together. How much more do we need to do to make a people become independent if all they do is want to be sheep? Why do you think religion takes hold so strongly there?

In Afghanistan there was already a movement to oust the Taliban so we assisted. Besides bin Laden was hiding there and he was our chief target. We told the Taliban to hand him over they refused - so we entered.

There was no reason what-so-ever in our invasion of Iraq. To grab back his uranium??? It would have taken a great deal more to make that in to weapons grade stuff - if he could - and it takes a large amount of resources to do it.

How do you think we know who has the ability?? There are signs leading up to it.

Now thanks to the Iraq war we have left Afghanistan vulnerable and now Pakistan is getting rocked by the Taliban. And get this. Pakistan has at least 10 actual nukes in their arsenal with actual long range missile technology!

Can you imagine if the Taliban get a hold of them?!?!?

Now that's a WMD case for sure, and something either McCain or Obama will have to deal with directly.

Freedom isn't free. They, not us, have to earn it - we earned our own right. We can't just give it to them, mate...

Last edited by Palindari™; 11-02-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:28 PM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by GHETTOxWHITExBOY
Thats a great video!!! I loved the part when he walked away and showed exactly what he gave up for other peoples freedoms!!! Personally if I lved in Iraq and had a tyrant controling my every breath I would hope another country would have done the exact same thing for me

As far as fixing home first.....thats ridiculous, home will never be fixed the way it should be!!! We've been in debt for a long long time and our debt will never completely go away . Buisnesses use other countries to manufacture their products simply because its cheaper that also will never change.So when you talk about the war and put that in the same sentence as the problems in the US and use that as a scapegoat your a fool!!!
So i guess ignoring the problems here and paying millions/day to help the sheep get freedom is more important?

What the banks have done has ruined 1000's of people and leaving them in financial hell. There are also many people that have been out of work and struggaling for a long time now since jobs are hard to come by. I know why businesses do what they do and that cant be stopped. However, im not sure about you, but i feel more and more uncomfortable knowing that we keep sending way more of our money to China than what they send us. This giving them enough money to start buying up our debt and where we could be in 10-20 years from now. Im not diluted and think we we ever pay off the trillions of dollars in US debt, but i would like to know other countries werent buying it up.

So much of this money being spent overseas could easily be used to fix some of the growing problems happening here.

Old 11-02-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by cincyTT
So i guess ignoring the problems here and paying millions/day to help the sheep get freedom is more important?

What the banks have done has ruined 1000's of people and leaving them in financial hell. There are also many people that have been out of work and struggaling for a long time now since jobs are hard to come by. I know why businesses do what they do and that cant be stopped. However, im not sure about you, but i feel more and more uncomfortable knowing that we keep sending way more of our money to China than what they send us. This giving them enough money to start buying up our debt and where we could be in 10-20 years from now. Im not diluted and think we we ever pay off the trillions of dollars in US debt, but I would like to know other countries werent buying it up.So much of this money being spent overseas could easily be used to fix some of the growing problems happening here.
Hey....I never said our problems here aren't important! Yes I agree our contry needs work but I disagee when it comes to pulling out of Iraq. Just think of it as sometime in your life you might have a problem and just might need help, how would you feel if someone half a$$ helped you and turned thier back on you halfway through it! That man lost his leg for christ sake and he still backs the war........thats amazing and I wish I could make someones life better like that before I die. Free trade sucks, but it is what it is........It's cheaper to outsource.

Last edited by GHETTOxWHITExBOY; 11-02-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm make believe

So when is this considered "complete?" This "war" has gone on for years and it seems that little progress has been made in the last year+. You can only spend the money to remain the status que for so long. They need to show some effort to support themselves so we can withdrawl. For all we know, if McCain is elected, we could be there for another 3-4years and be no better off than we are now. Im all for having troops there and helping, but peoples brothers, sons, sisters, dads getting killed or mamed for little to no end in sight isnt something i want anyone to have to go through. I went to school next to one of the most important AFB in the country so many of my classmates and professors are/were in the service and now i currently live next to the largest US AFB and my neighbors and many of my friends are in the service here aswell. I personally wouldnt like to see them get hurt or killed for something with no real end in sight.

Honestly, i just think the sooner this is over the better. Hopefully it is a full success and what we did really mattered.

Quick Reply: Dear Mr. Obama