Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

dear drifters

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: dear drifters

ORIGINAL: luvin_the_rings

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Drifting is a scam concocted by tire manufacturers to get a bunch of dweebs to burn thru their product faster. Don't be a sucker!
c'mon you dont expect us to believe that do u?

there's a professional league...
You can't expect ANYone to take their professional league seriously until they have at least ONE Steroid scandal. I mean, c'mon

Old 06-23-2006, 06:28 PM
5th Gear

drifting in japan is actually really, really cool to watch. they have real professional drivers who've been doing it for years..i watched a video my friend had that was pretty amazing..it's kinda like the stunt riding of cars..

tire companies have already come up with drift tires a couple years ago..they look like regular tires but when you light em up they put off colored smoke.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:32 PM
4th Gear

Because pretty colors go better with rockin' tunes!

Now that's racing!

Or maybe more like a live video game.....

Old 06-23-2006, 09:15 PM
1st Gear

actually there are drifting tires. they're just the cheapies. and you get grip tires for the front.
naw but they do actually use specific tires. i just cant afford them.

and drifting into a turn is pretty fast. maybe a very built car could beat you if youre drifting a 90 degree
turn at 60 or 70 but my fairly modded corolla can take that same turn and be right there with that car.
now the straight away is my problem. hahahah. but the gze (supercharged) motor will help me out there.

when driftng you come into the turn fast as hell and then come out not so fast but you have momentum
built up to gain that speed back.

in grip you would come into the turn a little slower and then go out screaming. thus beating the drifter to
the punch

THE ONLY REASON I REPOSTED THIS MESSAGE IS BECAUSE OF STUPID "LITTLE SHMOWOW" AND THE
FREAKIN MOVIE COMING OUT THAT IS SURE TO BUST THE DRIFT SCENE INTO PIECES.
IM KIND OF UNHAPPY ABOUT IT IF YOU CANT TELL. HAHAH

Old 06-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Senior Administrator

Yeah! I knida felt the same way when that Scooby-Doo movie came out and ruined my Ghost/Evil Cartoon/Mystery-solving scheme I had going[:@] Now I'm penniless[&o] Bastiges

Old 06-23-2006, 10:35 PM
4th Gear

And you would've gotten away with it too -if it hadn't been for those damn meddling drifting kids with their rock'nroll and wild hair.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Senior Administrator

Where's the LOLLER-Skates when you NEED them?!?!?

EDYT: See, that's why I <3 this place, SOOOOOO much. The comraderie... The humor... The humorous comraderie... The... Uhhh... You know... STUFF, an stuff

Old 06-24-2006, 01:12 AM
1st Gear

That's what's missing from the roads in my town - teenagers in their vibrating Hondas with no suspensions to speak of trying to perform dangerous stunts which they aren't allowed/qualified to do.

I'm actually hoping there would me more of these sorts of activities happening, I'd love to watch the local PD bust them for it.

Old 06-24-2006, 11:17 PM
1st Gear

hahah i drifted this corner back in 01 when i lived in az and a cop was right around the corner (it was a safe place)
back then it wasnt as big so the cop just thought i lost control. i was like yeah....i lost control. hahah. got traffic school for that one.

my corollas suspension is pretty much fully built. im only missing my 4 link and front sway bar.

everything else is done. front coilovers, rear conversion coilovers, strut bar. lateral rod, rca's etc. brakes done from slotted and drilled rotors to steelbraided lines, trd 2way lsd, the list just goes on so you get the point.
my car is built for drift.

Old 06-25-2006, 04:23 AM
4th Gear

Actually, your car is built to go pick up dry cleaning, but you drive it around corners too fast sometimes and throw the back end out for a few seconds.

Quick Reply: dear drifters