Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

dear drifters

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 06:09 AM
1st Gear
Default dear drifters

Dear Drifters,

Let me preface my message to you with a bit of information:

According to the Department of Justice guideline (to police) for dealing with street racing, helping to create legal racing programs is the 9th most effective way of dealing with the problem! That means there are 8 unpleasant ways that they will likely choose to deal with street drifting before helping to give us more legal events. Illegal street drifting can also have a negative impact on the few legal events we have available to us now.

I love drifting, and I know many of you do too. With the release of Fast and the Furious 3 upon us, it is time for drifters to do their part to protect the sport we love. So, how can you help? By educating the public.

*First, post this information on any car forum, myspace group or online car community that you visit.

*Second, link everyone you know that you think might see the movie to www.driftsafe.org

*Third, visit the 'Promote' section of www.driftsafe.org where you can find flyers (made by club4AG members) that you can print out and hand out at the movie.

*Fourth, contribute your thoughts, concerns, solutions and artwork to help us improve www.driftsafe.org

Thank you for reading and I hope that if you love drifting, you will help in some way.

-dp

Drift Safe aims to educate the fans, public and would be drifters about the Consequences of illegal drifting, including; the effect of illegal drifting has on the sport of drifting, consequences for individuals who participate in illegal drifting, the realities of drifting and the laws pertaining to illegal drifting.

Drift Safe is also a resource for those interested in becoming involved in legal drifting (as a fan or driver) and those already involved in drifting. We provide information on how to get involved with legal local events (for drifters and fans) and how to attend sanctioned professional events (for fans).

Edited by - d3p0 on 06/15/2006 13:11:40

Old 06-23-2006, 06:12 AM
dan
2nd Gear
Default RE: dear drifters

This would be better suited for the OT forum .

Old 06-23-2006, 07:15 AM
2nd Gear

Why are you telling these guys? Audis can't drift.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:27 PM
Senior Administrator

We can (and I do) in teh SNOW!!! But, it's, like, summer, so I'll hafta wait'll Nov-Dec to go see the movie, huh?

Old 06-23-2006, 12:34 PM
4th Gear

Drifting is a scam concocted by tire manufacturers to get a bunch of dweebs to burn thru their product faster. Don't be a sucker!

Old 06-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Senior Administrator

I wonder, then, if we can get teh OIL companies to lobby for HIGHER speed limits[8D]

Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

I wonder, then, if we can get teh OIL companies to lobby for HIGHER speed limits[8D]
Now your on to something! I bet it'd work!

Old 06-23-2006, 05:54 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Drifting is a scam concocted by tire manufacturers to get a bunch of dweebs to burn thru their product faster. Don't be a sucker!
c'mon you dont expect us to believe that do u?

there's a professional league...

Old 06-23-2006, 06:07 PM
2nd Gear

I bet tire manufactures will sooner or later be all over drifting; pretty soon there will be "drift pattern" tires..[>:]

Old 06-23-2006, 06:09 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: luvin_the_rings

ORIGINAL: pturbo

c'mon you dont expect us to believe that do u?

there's a professional league...
Yeah a professional league of "racers" that could drive a lot faster if they didn't try to induce a powerslide in every turn. But hey, they've got wild hairstyles, bad attitudes and everything! Everybody knows that racing is about style and not about speed.

I'm just giving them some hell. I think it's all a little goofy.

Quick Reply: dear drifters