Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dealer ripped me off today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 08:54 PM
3rd Gear
Default Dealer ripped me off today...

My daily driver (Honda Accord SE) just hit 40 thousand miles. They have a 40,000 mile service, so I took it in today. I drop it off and get a phone call about 45 minutes later... What do you know. Here is the list of what they said needed to be done. LOL. It's funny just to see some of this stuff.

40,000 Service - 89.99

Battery - 175.00

Front brake pads - 135.00

Rear tires - 245.00

I seriously started laughing when the guy was done telling me this stuff. It's a freakin Honda! I told him all I wanted done was the front brake pads because it got to about 9 degrees today in Kansas City and I don't want to have to deal with them. He told me they only had 2mm of depth left. Well, I picked the car up and drove it home. I am reading the receipt and I notice that the tech that worked on the car noted the tread depth on the front as being 8mm and the rear at 4mm but the front of the invoice noted the tread depth at 2mm!!! I got screwed. I called the guy and started screaming at him and he told me he would call me back. He calls back and said that his tech measured the depth after he put the new ones on... I asked him why the new ones would only be at 8mm since they are supposed to be 10mm new. He told me that the tech didn't have a tool that would measure over 8mm!!!!!!!! LOL. Are they kidding me with this crap? I asked to speak to the service manager but he was not working today.

175.00 for the battery! I got the model number that they were going to use and it's 49.00 at Auto Zone.

245 for tires! What were they going to use, Pirellis?

The city should govern the way the stealerships rip people off. If a 80 year old woman would have heard what they said, she would tell them to do all of it. What a joke.

Sorry for the long post. Just had to vent...

Old 02-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Dealer ripped me off today...

I hate places like that... they seriously need a punch in the throat!

Old 02-19-2006, 12:14 AM
1st Gear

It's no wonder dealerships have a bad reputation... this just hurts everyone... including the dealership that's doing it.

I've had this happen to me as well... if I treated my clients like this, I'ld be out of business very quickly!

Stay on top of the service manager and make sure they don't get away with it. Report them!

Old 02-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Administrator

and also place the name of the company under dealer reviews on this website.. so hopefully nobody else gets hosed

Old 02-19-2006, 01:29 AM

Damn man.... sorry to hear if your troubles.... i hate places like that. Get on the honda forums and inform them all of this place.... if its a honda specific place.... idk.... get the word out that this place blows ***.

Old 02-19-2006, 08:40 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

they seriously need a punch in the throat!
That sounds familiar...

It's sucha tidy way of dealing with some folks, huh?

Old 02-19-2006, 02:44 PM
3rd Gear

I'm not sure how to get the problem resolved. I'm going to call the better business bureau if I can't get anything from the stealership. Having a Honda as a second car was leading me to beleive that taking it in for service would be easy as cake. LOL.

Seriously... How do you tell someone that the tech measured the pads AFTER they replaced them and then he only measured to 8mm because his tool only went that high! It just totally baffles me. They ripped me off and even documented it for me! The crazy thing is that every dealer is like this. There is not one time I have been to any stealership and they have not found something wrong.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:49 PM
3rd Gear

I just had a service at Burdick Audi in Syracuse for 140 bucks, including cel light, airbag light, vibration in the wheel, full service, etc.. 140 bucks! Any other place would have lied about the cel, and airbag and charged for some stupid part.

Old 02-19-2006, 02:58 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

I just had a service at Burdick Audi in Syracuse for 140 bucks, including cel light, airbag light, vibration in the wheel, full service, etc.. 140 bucks! Any other place would have lied about the cel, and airbag and charged for some stupid part.

Lucky.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:29 PM

40,000 Service - 89.99

Battery - 175.00

Front brake pads - 135.00

Rear tires - 245.00
and I thought the UK was bad[:@]

Quick Reply: Dealer ripped me off today...