Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

DBW = Death By Wire. The end of Audi

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Default DBW = Death By Wire. The end of Audi

I do not own an Audi, yet, but if there is one thing I learned from Audi enthusiasts, its that people who buy an Audi love the feel of driving one.So, what I cannot quite fathom is why you enthusiasts are tolerating the new DBW systems. Why aren't you objecting? Next thing it will be DBB [braking] and then DBS [steering]. Just put in the term "drive by wire" and see the automated crap that the government, vehicle manufacturers, EPA, and Insurance companies are pushing for. IT WILL be the end of your Audi enjoyment ... "Never Follow" -- yeah right!

The March 2006 ENGINEERING TIMES, has a long story about a British effort to build a completely verified microprocessor for critical applications. The story is notable in that it motivates the effort throughout by calling attention to the possibility of major accidents involving computer failure. At the start of the story is a full-page illustration depicting a snake with fangs bared, and the lead: Somewhere - at a nuclear plant, on board a missile, or at a chemical refinery, it's going to happen: a catastrophic computer-related disaster. A growing group of engineers and scientists say it's unavoidable with today's microprocessors, which they deem inherently unreliable.

Hey read this: http://seeri.etsu.edu/SECodeCases/ethicsC/DeathByWire.htm

diyer

PS. Contrary to what Josh the two post moron thinks, I actually like Audis very much, and he is just soooooo stupid he cannot see I want them to stay the way they are.

Old 04-01-2007, 09:52 PM
18T
4th Gear
Default RE: DBW = Death By Wire. The end of Audi

[sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif][sm=admin.gif]

Old 04-01-2007, 10:15 PM
4th Gear

MAN What is your problem! I know that you don't like them, we have read your other post!!!! But this has got to stop!!!! NO ONE CARES!!!! (or at least I don't!!!)

Josh

Old 04-01-2007, 10:35 PM

HUH?

Old 04-01-2007, 10:38 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: originalspanksta

HUH?
Nevermind this guy... He is an idiot!

Josh

Old 04-01-2007, 11:22 PM

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

HUH?

Josh
Yeah, right, and your such a genius that it took you two separate posts to say that! Do a search moron and see what GM wants to introduce by 2010

diyer

Old 04-01-2007, 11:22 PM

^^^^^^ +1

I'd go farther and say he's a ******* idiot!!!

Old 04-01-2007, 11:26 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: diyer

ORIGINAL: ThePaintballGuy

HUH?

Josh
Yeah, right, and your such a genius that it took you two separate posts to say that! Do a search moron and see what GM wants to introduce by 2010

diyer
You know what? I AM SHAKING IN MY BOOTS!!!! I AM SO SCARED RIGHT.... oh wait I am not wearing any boots. (Lame I know)

You know what? I have a life. I haven't heard of any problems with anything like that. If it wasn't safe then I am SURE that they wouldn't put them in cars, non the less airplanes. If you are so scared then why don't you go buy a horse and buggy, but oh wait that wouldn't be safe either! It is TO slow and could get hit by all the cars!!!

GO GROW UP MAN... Actually wuss would be more appropriate.

[sm=rant.gif]

Josh

*******EDIT********

YO A-HOLE! I was replying back to that guys post when I called you a moron. Had he posted above my first post I would have put it all in one post! And thanks for mentioning me in your opening post. That means a lot to me!

NOT!

Old 04-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Senior Administrator

If I weren't such a fan of internet fighting I'd lock this thread... But, I can't wait to see whats posted next.
///pulls up lawn chair and pops the cap on a Snapple...

Old 04-02-2007, 12:06 AM

diyer doesn't even own an audi.. i say we vote him off the island and let him go post on a rice burner thread.

Quick Reply: DBW = Death By Wire. The end of Audi