Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

DBW = Death by Wire -- my reply he he he

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Default DBW = Death by Wire -- my reply he he he

What all you morons and imbeciles of the Board clique, failed to understand, because you did not do a search under DBW, is that "all" the mfrs want to get rid of the steering wheel, brake pedal, throttle pedal, and have us all use a joystick -- hmmm, although I think some of your rectums might get a bit more exercise than your hands ... oh, excuse me, back to the topic, uh well, my only point was to keep Audi as it presently is. I don't have a big problem with DB anything if it had a failsafe, but not to the point an entirely electronic system, and getting rid of the driving experience. Ya'll have a nice day!! diyer

Old 04-02-2007, 05:26 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: DBW = Death by Wire -- my reply he he he

Go get a life. You must have ate paint chips when you were a kid.

Old 04-02-2007, 05:32 PM
3rd Gear

Man...where's zrwhat with her infamous "STFU" when you need her....

Old 04-02-2007, 05:32 PM
3rd Gear

I agree... we now need her more than ever!

Old 04-02-2007, 06:20 PM
4th Gear

WAIT A MINUTE!!! He came back under a different name!!! It used to be diyer, now it's diyer999! ADMINZ PLEASE BAN THIS IDIOT!!!

Josh

Old 04-02-2007, 06:33 PM
4th Gear

This guy reminds me of 1 of them animal rights activist. I hope my DBW fails while you are walking in front of my car.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
4th Gear

ROFL!!!! HAHAHAHA

Josh

Old 04-02-2007, 06:41 PM
3rd Gear

Guys, we should be nice to him. He is just depressed at the fact that he drives a 85 camaro and cant enjoy the luxury and fun a audi provides. He is probably just snapping because he hasnt had any *** in 5 years cause his camaro isnt exactly, "the attention getter".

Old 04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
4th Gear

***This is in reply to one of his other many threads about the subject. I pulled these quotes straight from HIS websites the HE listed saying how they worked.***

Ok, A-Hole READ THIS!!!!

Oh and I took this from your link above with the HowStuff Works:

" The big concern with drive-by-wire vehicles is safety. Since there is no physical connection between the driver and the car's mechanical elements, an electrical failure would mean total loss of control. In order to make this sort of system viable in the real world, drive-by-wire cars will need back-up power supplies and redundant electronic linkages. With adequate safety measures like this, there's no reason why drive-by-wire cars would be any more dangerous than conventional cars. In fact, a lot of designers think they'll be much safer, because the central computer will be able to monitor driver input. Another problem is adding adequate crash protection to the car."

OH SNAP!!!

Josh

And here is something else from the other website you posted:

"While steering, braking and accelerating by sidestick requires a certain learning process, it opens up new dimensions in terms of handling characteristics, ride comfort and driving safety. This is confirmed by the results of test drives conducted with male and female drivers: [ul] The steering ratio and steering effort can be varied and adapted to suit the current driving situation. This means that the wheels can be moved more quickly and easily using the sidestick than with a conventional steering wheel. The vehicle can be precisely and intuitively controlled when negotiating bends. The driver’s foot does not need to switch position from the accelerator to the brake pedal when braking, which means that he can react more rapidly. Because there is no longer any mechanical link between the steering and the running gear, wheel vibrations are not transferred into the interior via a steering column and steering wheel."[/ul]I am pretty sure fast reaction times and better handleing is a safer car. It also adapts to how the driver wants it to feel. That to me is safer then a steering wheel. And it's also safer in the event of an accedent because there is no steering wheel to hit!!!

Josh

Old 04-02-2007, 06:45 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: myaudi98

Guys, we should be nice to him. He is just depressed at the fact that he drives a 85 camaro and cant enjoy the luxury and fun a audi provides. He is probably just snapping because he hasnt had any *** in 5 years cause his camaro isnt exactly, "the attention getter".

His mouth sure is, which is why he's got to type now.

Quick Reply: DBW = Death by Wire -- my reply he he he