Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Daytona 500

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:56 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Daytona 500

ovals, circles, rings, slightly curvy rectangles, and triangles... Who gives a hoot... At the end of the day it's dull to watch.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:06 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

You're holding the word "oval" in too high esteem here. My point is that the connotation of oval racing is left straight left straight and so on for interminably annoying miles. Go to www.nascar.com, look at their track list. They call Indy an oval. They call Phoenix an oval. They call all of the tracks with no right turns ovals. If NASCAR themselves call them ovals, who are you to act like they aren't. I'm not redefining any words, I'm pointing out what in means in the context we're using it in. There are three races for the entire 06 season that NASCAR doesn't qualify as ovals. Would you feel better about it if NASCAR reclassified Indy as a rounded rectangle? It's alsocalled circle track racing, but I don't see anyone out there with a huge compass to make sure that there isn't any deviation from a true circle.

Veheminently defending a subject using nothing more than contrived semantic arguements is all you're doing here, and all you've proven is that NASCAR salesmen (sorry, drivers.....) might have to make a harrowing three or four left turns instead of two.

Wow.
Now that is what I call a good rebuttal! I have to give it to you, ill agree. I more have an issue with the people who say NASCAR sucks because its "Gross" or because it isnt real racing, etc etc. I can appreciate someone who takes the time to gather facts and provide a strong opposing argument. Its rude unnecessary comments like "Gross" or "I fell asleep while watching" that make me angry. If you dont like it, dont watch it, but don’t go out of your away to offend somebody who might consider this form of auto racing their passion. That’s childish. I am aware on this forum the majority of the people are not NASCAR fans, but considering NASCAR has one of the largest fan bases in the USA, I am certainty not alone in the opinions I am expressing here. In fact, I am the only one on here (so far) fighting for my cause. I would be very interested to see what might take place if you placed 10 NASCAR fans with 10 F1 fans and let them discuss for hours. Opinions would most certainty change on both sides.

I want to respect those who like F1, and I never intended on getting in a discussion here where we threw the best insults we could find at each other. However, that being said, I am not about to sit back and let someone talk **** about a sport I feel strongly about. If I offended any F1 fans by my first post, alright fair, my bad.

Once again Silver, I appreciate your response. Thank you.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:18 AM
4th Gear

I wasn't trying to offend you when I said that I fell asleep watching - I just fell asleep watching. It had nothing to do with you or the legions of NASCAR fans. If I could squeeze a valium thru the cable, I would send one your way. Anyway, don't take the joking so serious.

For instance - What is the best cricket team in the world? A: Who cares?!?

Why do so many women play soccer? A: Because it's a girl's game!

/sits back waiting....[8D]

Old 02-21-2006, 01:22 AM
1st Gear

oh God, that its gonna open up a can of worms

Old 02-21-2006, 01:48 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Q1) Australia...
Q2) Because American men are so crap at it... They'd much rather play the manly game of netball, and rounders!

Why do so many men play rugby? Because Americans are wusses, who insist on wearing sissy pads?

Old 02-21-2006, 02:22 AM
18T
4th Gear

ololoolololol toff

Old 02-21-2006, 12:46 PM
4th Gear

I knew I could bring Toff out on that one!

Old 02-21-2006, 03:32 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not paying attention to this junk. All i know is i got to get out of school early on Thursday to avoid traffic

Old 02-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Q1) Australia...
Q2) Because American men are so crap at it... They'd much rather play the manly game of netball, and rounders!

Why do so many men play rugby? Because Americans are wusses, who insist on wearing sissy pads?

Yer just all [:@]-like 'cause we don't invite you guys to OUR "World" Championships!!!

Old 02-21-2006, 09:27 PM
3rd Gear

We wanna play!! [:@]