Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Daytona 500

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 04:38 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: Daytona 500

ya i like F1 too, but my friends got me into nascar

Old 02-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Senior Administrator

Gilles Villenueve was THE BEST EVER!!! Even though he was from Canukistan. Senna gets 2nd place, in MY book.

For Daytona I'm rooting for Seattle (Go Karl!!!)

Old 02-19-2006, 10:46 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: A41.8TQATL

You guys ARE fully aware that NASCAR has road course races to arent you? Of course, with inteligent responses like "Gross" you must know that?
Sorry man, I'm actually fairly uninformed. I'm sure it's a great sport (minus the rednecks), I'd just rather watch a rally race if I'm watching TV at all, let alone racing.

Old 02-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Senior Administrator

Motor-racing is motor-racing. Cars, bikes, circle-track, off-road, trucks, Hydros, F1 boats, Snowmobiles...

Put two guys on kiddie-trikes and set them head-to-head and you @$$clowns'll watch it...

ADMIT IT and stop being snobs.

I know Andy'll at least halfway agree with me, right BFAM?!?!?

Old 02-19-2006, 01:22 PM
3rd Gear

NO!! Godamn Nascar sucks! (Ovals are boring.. They just go round, and round, and round... I'd rather have rally, or circuits anyday of the week!

Old 02-19-2006, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

Motor-racing is motor-racing. Cars, bikes, circle-track, off-road, trucks, Hydros, F1 boats, Snowmobiles...

Put two guys on kiddie-trikes and set them head-to-head and you @$$clowns'll watch it...

ADMIT IT and stop being snobs.

I know Andy'll at least halfway agree with me, right BFAM?!?!?
Agree. To say another type of racing sucks is un fair, ill admit I was wrong to say that F1 was *****. However, with that said, you cannot say oval racing sucks and expect that to include NASCAR as a whole. Only about 60% of the races are ovals anymore, and that percentage is slowly decreasing. Nothing brings people together like motorsports in general IMO. Its such a combination of Team, Car, and Driver. Its such a team sport. When people say racing sucks and that its not a sport, I just use that commercial, "Its not a sport, its a way of life". For whatever its worth, to whosever watching it, lets have a safe Daytona 500 today, and let’s go racing!

Old 02-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Toff_the_Toffee

NO!! Godamn Nascar sucks! (Ovals are boring.. They just go round, and round, and round... I'd rather have rally, or circuits anyday of the week!
So, roundy-rounders are the HALF you disagree about??? Two-hundred guys on motorized iceskates following the Danube for a quarter-million-pound purse... Do you watch, or not?

Old 02-19-2006, 02:47 PM
3rd Gear

Eh? What are you on about? Ie racing? I used to watch it in the UK, but it was on short circuits...

Old 02-19-2006, 02:56 PM
3rd Gear

F1 for me. I hate Nascar too. My brother has taken to it in the past year or so and he is now addicted and gets offended when I make fun of it! LOL. I like golf but I don't get pissed off when someone makes fun of it!

Hey man, lets pick up a pack of natural light on the way to the raceway and watch some Fords race in circles! Yeee Haw!!!!

I'm just kidding. I just like to practice what I'm going to say when I see my bro later on today...

Hey CMT is having a tractor pull marathon later on tonight!

Old 02-19-2006, 03:15 PM
4th Gear

I grew up around racing, including NASCAR. I don't watch it much though. I'll probably watch some of the race today, but I would rather go to a road race. Cooler cars.

If NASCAR cars weren't built like ugly *** armored school buses (ie perfectly prepared for what all of the fans came to se - a big crash) and a few other changes, then it might be a more interesting form of racing.

Quick Reply: Daytona 500