Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Dave Banned....

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 01:29 AM
3rd Gear
Default Dave Banned....

Its obvious dave is an example here... whatchout guys...

I didnt see too much of a threat in daves statement maybe that could be interpreted as Flaming. But Im pretty sure sure dave was just expressing his displeasure and not trying to dirrectly Flame someone.

There is always Flaming going on but its just unfortunate that an admin was affected and got his feelings hurt. do you need a hug pattrick? I would think an ADULT would be able too look at the issue behind the daves words and maybe address it and possible try to either show him the error of his ways or admit fualt in his logic.... Now the thread is locked so people cant talk about it...what was daves issue? oh yeah locking the threads for bogus reasons Hmmm...
But he offended the athourity and paid the price right?

And Amanda yes we like the Forum the way it is... Or rather the way it was before the censoring and swelled egos of Mods and Amins started to affect the order of things... Oh and BTW was that a threat amanda you know about the forum being the way it is as opposed to the way your other forums are run. We dont Tolerate threats right er no that was from us...

Im not just trying to deffend Dave here Im just saying this forum is starting to more and more strict as time goes on...

Old 05-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Senior Administrator
Default RE: Dave Banned....

Heya Slim,

I still think we need a place where we can "step outside" so to speak, and have attit. A room where we can fling insults and invectives at each other w/o fear of being punished. Let offa lil steam.Ya kno, behave like the 5 y/o neaderthals we all kno we R. A "romper-room" if you will.

my opinion... Worth about $0.000000000000001

Old 05-01-2005, 01:40 AM
5th Gear

^ ^ agreed. Is there a way to make a forum that the public cant access, without signing up? A members only forum, that we could pretty much run loose on?

Old 05-01-2005, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

The only thing I have to say about this is that everyone here is a guest and should act like a guest, if the mods/admins/founder wants to set certain rules then we all have to respect those rules. They are the ones footing the bill and are the ones who are trying to maintain the forum to a certain standard. They have sponsors and advertisers who could easily go to another place if a forum doesn't meet their criteria. I don't think it helps your cause much when you insult the mods and admins in your post. Articulate next time, it will get you farther.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:44 AM
6th Gear

Thankyou, If you guys have a problem then we'll refund the money you paid when you signed up for this forum.

Old 05-01-2005, 01:48 AM
Senior Administrator

Jason, you are wize be ond your ears

Head, it would co$t to do as you suggest.

When I do decide to leave this forum I expect no less that DOUBLE my money back!!! NO, make that TRIPLE!!!

Old 05-01-2005, 01:58 AM
5th Gear

Well at the same time, my suggestion might make for more sign ups, which I'm sure would help attract more advertisers. Those of us that are on this forum daily, are the most likely to purchase from said advertisers as well -- seeing as how A: we are bombarded by the advertisements, and B: we are very interested in our cars, and products available for them.

Don't get me wrong, off-topic is a lot of fun... and although I tossed out the idea that I did, I can see flaws in it myself... A line needs to be drawn regardless... and whenever a line is drawn, you will have people on either side. Me for example, can tolerate flaming, but cannot respect racism... something I'd imagine would creep up in the free-for-all forum I detailed... so yeah, living by these rules is probably the simplest, and best way to do things.

Old 05-01-2005, 02:04 AM
6th Gear

Everyone here should be old enough and mature enough to post in these forums. If you can't handle acting like an adult then don't bother sticking around. It's not my job to come home every night and clean up the forums because people choice to act like children. You all know what is appropriate and what is not in the real world, and this place is no different. Although I had nothing to do with the banning, I am going to enforce the decision and future violators will be treated no differently.

Old 05-01-2005, 04:52 AM
Administrator

u make a good point Jared

Old 05-01-2005, 04:58 AM

the colonel is right! (jestnomen) however, some are blaming me for the outrageous acts of dave. for example, he took my picture and had it look like someone was pissing on it. in any event, i am sure he will be back with a proxy server. only next time at least, maybe he will use a chevy camaro, instead of a worthless ford.

Semper Fi dave.

Quick Reply: Dave Banned....