Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

dangers of plastic containers

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Banned
Default dangers of plastic containers

Bottled water in your car[/align][/align]

very dangerous.[/align][/align]

This is how Sheryl Crow got breast cancer. She was on the Ellen show and said this same exact thing. This has been identified as the most common cause of the high levels in breast cancer, especially in Australia.

A friend whose mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and the Doctor told her: women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car.

The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer. So please be careful and do not drink bottled water that has been left in a car, and, pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind we need to know and be aware and just might save us! The heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they have found these toxins in
breast tissue. Use a stainless steel Canteen or a glass bottle when you can!

LET EVERYONE WHO HAS A WIFE / GIRLFRIEND / DAUGHTER KNOW PLEASE.

---------------------------------------------------------

I got this in an email. What do you figure?[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 04-15-2008, 04:08 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: dangers of plastic containers

I heard the same thing about nalgean containers with the number 7 on the bottom dont drink out of those either.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:21 PM
4th Gear

I think the world has a drastic shortage of perfect breasts and every concievable effort should be made to protect them!

Old 04-15-2008, 04:31 PM
4th Gear

Water bottle left in car causes cancer/releases carcinogens into water - Urban legend

Reheating food in plastic containers in the microwave causes cancer/releases carcinogens into food - Urban legend

Reusing water bottles and freezing promotes the release of carcinogens/causes cancer - Urban legend

I assure you if these containers were not safe the FDA would not allow such products to be on the shelves.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:36 PM
3rd Gear

^^^ right-o

stuff like this should never leave the spam section of your email

Old 04-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: ouTTie914

I assure you if these containers were not safe the FDA would not allow such products to be on the shelves.
Then why does bottled water have and expiration date?

Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 PM
6th Gear

I've heard the nalgene one, and myself owning a lot of them and using them all the time, looked into the subject a little bit more, (thinking I might have to switch to Siggs instead) and found that when a Nalgene is left in the sun or something like that, It can release some small particulate that is somewhat not good for you, but the amount that is releases over time, is inconsequential and you don't have anything to worry about.

that being said, I still want to pick up a Sigg because they are great for climbing and somewhat more damage resistant than Nalgene's, and yeah I have broken the indestructible water bottle, but for the abuse they can take, they are well worth the $8 investment.

end random babble

Old 04-15-2008, 10:49 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: BaconBait

ORIGINAL: ouTTie914

Then why does bottled water have and expiration date?
I'll have to look into that for you, but it's gotta be a state thing.
As far as I know the FDA does not have an expiration date for unopened bottles of water.
Of course opened bottles can grow bacteria over an extended period of time.

If this is a major concern to you dispose of opened unfinished bottles after 2 weeks, and keep unopened bottles in a cool dry place until your ready to use them.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:29 PM

The small amount of "toxin" that may be released by anything in a plastic container pales in comparison to what you're being exposed to every day from various sources of radiation (not limited to EM waves in the air) as well as pollution and other particulate matter that is in everything you breathe, wear, eat and etc...

The messing around with hormones and other very sensitive biological processes especially when dealing with food that has sustained us for millenia now is of higher concern even though nobody talks about it methinks.

This plastic toxicity is just the latest health buzz and is surely what will kill you next.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:55 AM
4th Gear

i highly doubt that but it true that bottled water left in cars will deteriote the plastic and lead to antimony in the water which will cause nausea and diareha (yeah i read alot of medical journals)

Quick Reply: dangers of plastic containers