Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Damn Trucks *Frustration Inside*

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Default Damn Trucks *Frustration Inside*

So I was cruising around today playing in the little snow that is left of the first big snow storm in recent years and came to a red light. A tractor trailer who was making the 90 degree turn coming my way got a little close,a friend of mine was behind me in a different car. Just as the truck got beside me huge pieces of ice fell off the roof and nailed me drivers side door. The whole door is dented in pretty badly. It turns out that some of the ice also hit my friends car and destroyed the fender, hood and windshield. Needless to saywe turned aroundimmediately to chase the truck but we couldn't find him so he got away. After I threw a huge shitstorm and pissed and moaned for a while I went to the Police station along with my buddy and we filed a police report. Only a few hours later the Police called me and informed me they checked into a chocolate factory near me and it was one of their trucks that held the murder weapon involved in the massacre of my door and my friend's innocent bystanding fender, windshield and hood. So I am glad I found the guy and my car will be fixed at his expense. Furthermore, while my car is getting an operation I intend on completely destroying any sort of rental vehicle I am given in an attempt to feel better about the situation.

Old 02-17-2007, 10:39 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Damn Trucks *Frustration Inside*

I know what you mean,atleast your cops arent F****in F********, when a truck was carrying unsafe loads of bricks and threw a s*it load of them on my old a4 we called the cops they came and said theres too amny trucks and their too busy today ( mind you this is a small town). i freakinhate trucks espacially when i pass them becuase their slow and throwing crap at my windshield, and they decided hey lets now speed and tailgate me.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:54 PM
1st Gear

Copied and pasted from my post inthe "most stupid thing in my car" thread..

>Wet country road, big sloppy cement truck up ahead in the left lane of a four lane blvd. I nailed it to get by the dripping cement mess, and just as I came up on the guy's right, really flying now, he moves over into me. I slammed it, got into a partial spin, tried to correct (still doing >50) caught a rut and a curb and went flying up and over an embankment. Ended up on the roof while still strapped in. Things looked kinda funny from there for a few seconds.I opened my window and let myself out of the belt and hit the headliner. Time to crawl out, go around and see if I can get the passenger door to open (which it did). I crawled in and released my wife, who was pretty stunned. We both got out and sat on the curb next to the STS after I made sure it was safe. The cement truck? He kept going right on down the road. Not sure if he even new I was there, but I'll bet he did. Had one witness who stopped to help, and he did back me on my story to the CHP. They put out an alert to all the construction sites in the area, which there were many. We did know of two possible points of origin for the rig. Never heard from the insurance company if they were able to assign blame for the wreck.<

Love those big rigs out there. I lose about a windhield a year on average with all the cars I have, by rocks pitched from gravel haulers going to construction sites[:@]

Old 02-18-2007, 01:29 AM
4th Gear

yea, they finally passed the law in pa that you can get fined for not cleaning the snow or ice off your car
its only a secondary charge so unfortunatly you cant directly get pulled over for it

some people are just jackasses and leave like a foot of snow on their roof

i can see the truck not cleaning it off because thats like 12 feet in the air

but glad they figured out who's it was and everything will get fixed

Old 02-18-2007, 01:56 AM
4th Gear

Sorry about your ride, I'd be pissed off too. I try to avoid big rigs, too many rock chips and cracked windshields. While my car was at the body shop they gave me a hyundai slownata, had fun beating the crap outa that thing.

Old 02-18-2007, 05:54 PM
5th Gear

damn that sucks man, glad they found the guy though and your cars gunna get fixed

Old 02-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: Flip

~I intend on completely destroying any sort of rental vehicle I am given in an attempt to feel better about the situation.
Just so you know, rental cars are *specially* made, to go faster in ALL forward gears, than regular cars do. ALSO, ANY rental car can be converted to an off-road vehicle simply by turning OFF the paved road

Rental cars in Europe are even more fun, because you can get a manny, if you want, for most models[&:]

Old 02-18-2007, 11:10 PM

I am well known for my rental car fun so this will be another good opportunity to add to my resume. I will be sure to post up some pics of the rental car's demise.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:22 AM
3rd Gear

Sorry to hear about that but you can't blame the driver of the truck. Just making a living and can't help what is on top of his truck. Glad it's being taken care of.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:30 PM

There is a new law stating that truck drivers must have their trucks cleared off so it technically is the drivers fault.