Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

crazy cop story!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:13 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: crazy cop story!

No offense but drivers ed didn't really teach me that much.

I personally don't condone street racing, too many of my friends have totally F***ed there rides street racing. including my one friend who fliped three times in his 3000gt.

I can understand the heat of the moment thing, and as long as you can learn from this experience it was good.

And also best of luck to your friend with the fight.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:09 AM
1st Gear

The only reason the cop is trying to pull this crap, which wont hold up in court at all, is specifically because of your age. The reason he went to your friend's rents is to get some sort of vague leverage in order to swing whatever crap he can in his favor. I'm suprised any cop would waste so much of his time pursuing a single ticket, in the time he's gonna take to prove all this crap he could get several dozen by just sitting somewhere with a radar gun. It seems you guys have managed to hurt his pride. The only reason he pulled you and your friend over is because you two are young, and are much less likely to fight this thing no matter how wishy-washy the evidence is. If it was two guys in their 40s racing an E-class and a 5-series, he wouldnt even think about pulling that crap on them.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:26 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: KiloByte
I'm almost 18
Wow, never would have guessed that

Old 03-22-2007, 06:21 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

i like this i street race when its safe bullshit....wtf is that, if its on public roads its never totally safe....and you have no right to put other people in danger
And they wonder why car accidents are the #1 cause of American teen deaths.

Old 03-22-2007, 10:48 AM
4th Gear

I definitly see where your coming from man, and agree. I've been driving for a year and 5 months, I've street raced Twice. Both times there wasn't one car around us, it was planned out, and once you hit 90mph you stop accelerating (Which with our cars is give or take a quarter mile)

I had fun, I don't street race random cars with traffic around me, both those races were against friends...

But yeah kids doing it in the middle of traffic or on full highways are asking for death[&:]

Old 03-22-2007, 12:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: HansBlix

I'm suprised any cop would waste so much of his time pursuing a single ticket, in the time he's gonna take to prove all this crap he could get several dozen by just sitting somewhere with a radar gun.
Maybe its the impact of the ticket that he is trying to accomplish. If you got a ticket for speeding you wouldn't stop doing it. Its just a $ maker for the department.

If he goes through your parents and gives them a hard time about streetracing then they will hopefully give you a hard time aboutstreet racing. Since you are young chances are youhave alot ofstreet racing ahead of you. Maybe you'll think twice about it next time.

He is just trying to help.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:12 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

no but its not that ratio, imho i believe most cops are dicks say 70% and maybe 30% are actually trying to do some good.....as a rule of thumb 90% of local cops tend to be over aggresive under achieveing morons who couldnt figure out what to do with their lives, where as state cops like troppers tend to actually want to help people and are usually much brighter and far nicer...just my 2 cents...but im right
Thats the thing though, your whole post can be said about anybody in any low paying job.

70% of all people are dicks and 30% are just trying to do some good. 90% of the locals in the town are aggressive under achieving morons. Did i mention i hate my town?

Of course the state troopers will be the better cops since they have to be local cops first. Usually the retards don't get promoted. As far a county sherrifs, that all politics so they then to be nicer to richer people ( rich people drive Audis ).

II just get tired of the "ALL COPS ARE DICKS" saying. it could be true for where you live but sterotypes are a pet peeve of mine. Maybe they are good cops but only know how to yell at younger kids because they get tired/angry of scrapeng parts of teenagers off the ground every couple months?

It just sucks that a cop isn't going to talk with you unless they think you broke the law. So in general its just a bad situation for you already.

theres my rant for the day, now i can get back to work.

P.S. 92.743% of statistics are made up on the spot

Old 03-22-2007, 06:02 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Chingy

ORIGINAL: HansBlix

I'm suprised any cop would waste so much of his time pursuing a single ticket, in the time he's gonna take to prove all this crap he could get several dozen by just sitting somewhere with a radar gun.
Maybe its the impact of the ticket that he is trying to accomplish. If you got a ticket for speeding you wouldn't stop doing it. Its just a $ maker for the department.

If he goes through your parents and gives them a hard time about streetracing then they will hopefully give you a hard time aboutstreet racing. Since you are young chances are youhave alot ofstreet racing ahead of you. Maybe you'll think twice about it next time.

He is just trying to help.
Correction: If you don't have rich parents/high paying job/half a brain you won't stop speeding. Also I think if you get caught street racing that young your license should be suspended.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:03 PM
4th Gear

If you get caught "Street Racing" side by side both cars in sight, and its clear that was your intention. Your fucked... you mine as well bend over because your gonna go through hell with your parents and the law. Its not worth it all in all, but it is a rush and can be done with some thought to avoid trouble/accidents.[&:]

Old 03-22-2007, 07:31 PM
4th Gear

Well if your going to race at all be prepared to suffer the consequences, whether it be a ticket, jail or death. It dont matter what age you are if you play the game your card will eventually get pulled.