Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

crazy cop story!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 11:01 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: crazy cop story!

dont know about the off duty bit but i know people that have been done by cops when the cops had no photo or radar and had given a "proffesional" estimate on theirspeed

Old 03-20-2007, 11:39 PM

The "professional estimate" is bullshit and will never hold up in court. Just tell your friend to tell the cop he doesn't know who youare and he just happened to run into you.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:47 PM
1st Gear

it is bullshit but it did hold up in court, my mum was a lawyer for one of them

Old 03-20-2007, 11:50 PM

That is ridiculous, your mother should have attacked his credibility at being a professional in the art of identifying vehicle speed with no tools. There is no way that should have been a conviction and when it was it should have been appealed.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:02 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Amze

Cops are ********, just deny and give that ****** the middle finger... right as he told me he was somebody I woulda peeled out in his face (Being its FWD Civic) and just gunned it.... An off duty cop can suck me, for real. I can't believe hes **** enough to go that far, he shoulda showed his badge and said... I'm a cop, don't be doing that stuff, just a reminder... AT MOST. Talking to your parents and being all stiff is ridiculous, cops need to bring the ***-hole meter down a bit.[&:]
I think hes doing everyone a favor. I don't give a **** how fucked up it sounds I don't want little 16 year olds in suped up Audis or anything peeling out on local streets.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:59 AM
2nd Gear

dude kilobyte screw off. im 16 i homeschool and work full time for my money and paid for everything on my car and my car. dont even go there about racing and speeding you know damn well every one of you do it. *** hole

Old 03-21-2007, 01:18 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: EliteTuning1

dude kilobyte screw off. im 16 i homeschool and work full time for my money and paid for everything on my car and my car. dont even go there about racing and speeding you know damn well every one of you do it. *** hole
I don't care if you paid for it yourself (btw I'd love to know just how a 16 year old can pay for all that stuff- you sure as hell aren't working at Mcdonalds) the point is you're doing 80 on side streets and you have very littledriving experience under your belt. If you want to do 80 at least do it on the freeway.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:53 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: vnv727

ORIGINAL: NJ@BoroKidA6

ORIGINAL: KiloByte

ORIGINAL: EliteTuning1

(im only 16)
You shouldn't even have a damn license yet.
Yah see, them Floridians, they get thier licenses at 16 ( which i wish i had the pleasure of doing). Here in NJ and alot of other places, we dont get our licenses till were 17. AND GUESS WHAT! NJ, being the most strict state that it is, is upping thier driving age. The freshmen in my high school won't get thier liceses till thier 18, yes 18. They get thier permit at 17 and provisional license at 18. How much does that suck.
its a shame u jersey people get your licneses at all.....im sure you borkid can drive, but hw come no one in jersey can drive
Now I'm not saying I'm Dale Earnhart or anything lol, but I'm not a bad driver. Thank you, yes i can drive fairly well. Now many New Jersians can't drive because were ALWAYS in a rush. I call it " the new jersey way."

Example: If your in the "fast lane" (far left) and your not going fast enough, you RIDE THIER *** untill they move. < that is "the new jersey way" lol.
So I think alot of NJ drivers are bad just because were in a rush, always late, and are trying to get to our destination on time. As for me, I do it sometimes, but usually ill give my self some time so im a little early. Better to be early than late.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:22 AM
1st Gear

hey flip im sure she did whatever legally she could or she wouldnt be working in such a good firm. the legal system in victoria is just fked up

Old 03-21-2007, 02:33 AM

I'm not knocking your mom in any way. Sometimes judges just have the wrong mindset when going into a case, in this one it sounds like he was going to side with the officer no matter what.

Quick Reply: crazy cop story!