Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

crazy cop story!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 03:25 PM
2nd Gear
Default crazy cop story!

so sunday i was on my way home from somewere and my friend was driving next to me in his civic si. he just got his hi-flow cat on and before that i would always beat him by like a car. but i had just put my frontmount on so i was like ok let's do this. we stopped at a light i was in the far left lane, he was in the middle lane, and there was an s2000 in the far right lane next to him. he loves s2000's so he tried to get the guy to race 2. this guy was about mid 40's. anyways the light turned green and we both went from 0 to about 80 and then stopped (i beat him by almost a car, but not as much as i used to). were stopped at the next red light and this s2000 pulls up next to him and whips out his cop badge and says "ill have that ticket for you tomorrow". people have said this many times 2 us but nothing ever happened. my friend says back to him "to bad your off duty". so we went on and the next day i get a call from my friend. turns out this cop is very high up and is like the leader of radar investigations or something like that. it turns out he got a picture of his lisencse plate, but not mine. this cop went to my friends house and talked to his dad and was like your son was going twice the speed limit racing another car a black audi and if that is one of his friends he needsd to give us his name and number. of course my friend isnt gonna rat me out. but he has to meet this cop at the sheriff's office today and im just trying to figure out what they can do with just a picture of his car

Old 03-20-2007, 03:30 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: crazy cop story!

Wow, what a ******** cop. He's off duty.. Get over it.

But yo, I'm happy you always beat Civic SI's. That means I can too. Yessss.

Old 03-20-2007, 03:57 PM
1st Gear

wow thats scary, that could happen anytime i guess

Old 03-20-2007, 03:58 PM
4th Gear

THATS AWESOME!!! LOL

I have a few weird stories like that. One of my friends who has another A4 1.8T has been pulled over almost 25 times and has gotten only 3 tickets I think!!! He has actually run away from a few of them and actually GOT away with-out them seeing his plates! He is crazy. Me I have been pulled over 3 times and got tickets 2 out of the three. The third time I was with my girlfriend and we we racing down a street and there was a cop at the end of the road but we got out of the ticket because he knew her dad who is also a cop!

Josh

Old 03-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

[&:] thats crazy...

LAWYER UP lol.. Im sure somewhere in there you can argue entrapment.
[:'(]

Old 03-20-2007, 04:56 PM
5th Gear

actually the cop has no case whatsoever. he had no radar and no way of proving what speed you and your friend were doing. the cop can TRY and make a case for careless driving (especially if the civic peeled out off the line) but thats it.

Old 03-20-2007, 04:59 PM
3rd Gear

the most he could get is street racing and thats even a little bit of a stretch. If he had no radar then he cannot say how fast he was going. get him for reckless driving since he was taking a picture with his cell phone while driving LOL

Old 03-20-2007, 05:04 PM
4th Gear

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! My dad once pulled a cop over for speeding and wrote him a ticket. My dad then got enough tickets in a 3 month period to almost suspend his liscense because they were pulling him over for going like 1 or 2 mph over and stuff. LOL

Josh

Old 03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
1st Gear

he's FWD, probably less drivetrain loss for him. Don't be sure you can beat an SI

Old 03-20-2007, 06:22 PM
1st Gear

I think the cop was pissed because he knew you had a nicer car than him

Quick Reply: crazy cop story!