Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Craziest thing you have done...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default Craziest thing you have done...

The title says all.

I was in Nepal, three years back and I tried to climb Annapurna II, the series of Himalayan mountain that is considered 10 times more deadly than Mt. Everest. The fatality rate in Annapurna series is 50%. Right, half of the people don't come back.... not even their dead bodies. I myself saw 3 dead bodies frozen in ice ...of climbers that were there from the last climb. I don't remember the last time I had endless tears before or after that scene. I have never felt something like that in my heart...watching people with full mountaineering gear and with alpine ropes still in their hands and frozen to death... I wondered about their loved ones and families.

My three other friends and two Sherpa's,and I myselfcouldn't make to the summit, due to the weather. After waiting for painful 12 hrs in frozen camp we decided to trek down. It was painful...not to make it up...but now we all agree that the decision that day saved our lives. It was more difficult to come so close and leave without reaching the summit...even though, it is only 8000m .... it is the mountain to be respected, just like any mountain.

Just a quick picture of what it is like...

Old 02-12-2008, 03:25 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Craziest thing you have done...

i think you beat most/ all of us here bro! damn..

when i was younger i tried to be tarzaan on my neighbors swing set and ripped my sac open... i dont know about the craziest thing i've done... but it was crazy to happen! lol

Old 02-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

i didn't know tarzan carried a purse.

none of the 8 life or death stories i have come even close to Nocturnal's....other thanto say that i'm still alive!

Old 02-12-2008, 05:38 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah, it was crazy...now when I think... I remember my colleaguesin office telling meit is onlystupid thingto climb mountains, when you can have fun in the city. For me, it was not for fun or adventure, I am always attracted to mountains since I was a kid. It is a santuary for me, where I think and reflect back on my life and how worthy it is. Since the Annapurna climb, my view about life has changed. I know, you all probably will think - oh that's so cliche...as you may have read or heard the similar expression from celeberaties on the media... but it true. When you face death and when you see people dead in a similar situation as you are in.... your way of looking at life changes in one moment. Life, then carries more meaning and you take it more seriously... for eg. I used to drive very fast, always in a rush...always wanted the people in freeways to follow me, but since the climb, I respect what God has given me...the wonderful life.

Anyway, not wanted to sound boring and absurd.... here the quick pics of how it is like in Annapurna -

Old 02-12-2008, 05:41 PM
4th Gear

i jumped my montero and launched it like 10-15 feet

Old 02-12-2008, 06:29 PM
2nd Gear

Good story dude. That's hard to beat right there. The craziest thing I've ever was during a drag race with one of my friends...

Fresh out of high school, freshman year of college. I drove a 1994 Nissan Axxess (Mini-Sport_Van-thing) with the 240sx engine in it. My boy decides to race me in his explorer. We punch it at the light and are about even, then we notice that the lanes merge into 1 ahead. I don't let off the gas and keep it floored. My boy lets up a bit and I speed ahead of him, but then I realize my turn is coming up, so I jam on the brakes, and powerslide my van-thing in the turn. My car goes up on two weels and I lose the ability to control it as I am about to smash head first into a house, at the last second, I pump the brakes twice and the car skids and then I jerk the wheel and it goes back on all 4 tires. I look in front of me and see a brick wall and a federal mailbox. My friends just drove by me with their heads out the window in shick that i was still alive. The next day at school, they all told me they kept yelling "oh **** oh **** oh ****" because they were sure I was gonna die.

And that was the craziest thing I've ever done on purpose, not to mention all the stupid **** that has happened to me before in life overall.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:02 PM
4th Gear

Wow, some really crazy stories here!

The craziest thing I've done is jump off of a 40 - 60 foot cliff into the quarry.
The crazy part is the local nuclear power plant uses that water to cool off the reactor.
That water was always so pristine blue and warm...

Old 02-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP

ummmm

i tore that label off my mattress.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
3rd Gear

I once thought it would be funny to step on a underground bee hive and get stung over 200 times!

It was a accident by the way, didnt do it on purpose.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:37 PM
4th Gear

hey you havnt posted here in a while

Quick Reply: Craziest thing you have done...