Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

could be contracted out to new orleans

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 08:56 PM
2nd Gear
Default could be contracted out to new orleans

So mywork needs 17 techs to go to new orleans to teach technicians. anyone know what its like down there. its a 3 month contract from january to the end of march. i have been really considering it even tho the gf really disagrees with me wanting to give it a try. food,condo,air fair, gas all paid for threw the company i work with. I have never really been out of canada, so I have no idea what to expect. I work mainly the toronto region, was contracted out to ottawa for a month for training perpuses. just need a passport and hopefully pass the drug tests haha.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:07 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: could be contracted out to new orleans

I have never been there but expect for it to be very humid. If you dont know what thats like imagine always being sticky. Vist before making any choice.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:13 PM
3rd Gear

Yeah, deffinetly visit before you make a decision. My mom travels alot for CarFax, and she went to New Orleans within the past year and said that many of the tourist attractions i.e bourbon street and whatnot are back to normal. I would imagine after a couple years, that things are starting to get back to normal.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Senior Administrator

NOLA in the winter is kinda rainy... Which is STILL waaaaaaaaaay better than ToCA, temperature-wise. Your girl just doesn't wany tou around all those HOT voodoo wemens fixin ta puts a SPELL on you!!!

You'll be there in FEBRURARY, which is REASON ENUFF ta go, IMHO!!! You know whot hoppens in NOLA in the 1st two weeks of FEBRURARY, doncha?!?!?!?!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:56 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

NOLA in the winter is kinda rainy... Which is STILL waaaaaaaaaay better than ToCA, temperature-wise. Your girl just doesn't wany tou around all those HOT voodoo wemens fixin ta puts a SPELL on you!!!

You'll be there in FEBRURARY, which is REASON ENUFF ta go, IMHO!!! You know whot hoppens in NOLA in the 1st two weeks of FEBRURARY, doncha?!?!?!?!
MARDI GRAS!!!!
i think...

Old 12-11-2007, 04:58 AM
Senior Administrator

You think RIGHT!!! Carnivale - FAT TUESDAY!!!

Just promise your girl that, withall the loot you'll save up,you'll be able to afford tosend her some tix to come down and hang with you for the week (it actually lasts 10-11 days, I believe), and she'll feel better. Of course, then you'll HAFTA save up and send her some tix, if you ever plan on returning to the tundra