Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

computer ignorance

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 02:10 PM
1st Gear
Default computer ignorance

while i might know some things about cars,i am fully computer ignorant.so laugh if you will,but i don't know how to post a picture of my car.they are sitting on my desktop page,but i cant seem to get them from there to here.go ahead,laugh,then maybe help. thanks

Old 02-18-2006, 02:16 PM
Lvl-65 Sorceress: 9,571-HP/7,796-EP
Default RE: computer ignorance

welcome to my world. lots of helpful ppl here, have you looked in new member area and faq? im having trouble getting my pics from a host website photoshop to my photo gallery. and when i moved my desktop pic from there to photoshop, it turned out fuzzy. wtf? i get really frustrated when it comes to computers so i like it when other ppl ask questions.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:16 PM
6th Gear

Well I find the easiest way it to sign up for a photobucket.com account.

After you up load a picture you copy the URL and insert it between [IMG][/IMG] tags.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_173799/tm.htm

https://www.audiforums.com/m_182367/tm.htm

Old 02-18-2006, 02:19 PM

jest, how come i cant my pics from photoshop to my gallery. i copy the url tag and paste it to the add photo page in my gallery and it says "wait for confirmation, it may take longer on slow network" then nothing happens. its like frozen there. so after several, several several minutes, i just cancel out.

Old 02-18-2006, 02:59 PM
6th Gear

I dunno, I gave up on the forum photo gallery long ago! [8D] All I can think is the image you are trying to upload is very large. Try a little tiny image first.

Old 02-18-2006, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

i thought i followed directions in 2'nd address you gave me jestnomen.but i'll prove my lameness now.i titled my album,saw it blank next to kelly's.i then took my 2 pics and dropped them in field and saw them full size,which i thought inserted pics but i could'nt verify as it didn't show any other action.so i closed it out.then went back into forum member gallery ,no add album button now. i then typed in my title but found nothing.i'll keep trying,thanks for the help.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:19 PM
18T
4th Gear

to make things easier resize your pictures and save them for "web" with photoshop. after that do what Jest said.

Old 02-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Kelly, you will have to save the picture to your computer, to do this to any picture on the web right click and select the option "Save Image As" then save it to an area on your computer where you will remember.. then when you want to add a photo to your gallery, click the "Browse" button right next to where you are pasting the URL for the image.. dont past.. when you click browse go ahead and find the picture and select it.. the address for the picture on your computer should show up then upload

Old 02-18-2006, 06:55 PM
Senior Administrator

Karl, Jest, I'd be willing to bet that your explainations, while totally accurate, may still lose someone completely unfamiliar with right/left-click/dropdown menu options, image tags, and stuff like that... You may (I say may, cause they haven't replied, yet) hafta simplify it some more... We'll see[&:]

Old 02-18-2006, 07:12 PM

give me 1/2 a break. i'm not TOTALLY stupid, just partially. i'm not copying a pic from the web, my pic is in "photobucket.com" and also on my computer in "my pictures" and i also e-mailed it to myself. there's just no "save as" in these places on my right click.
my problem is audiforums "my gallery" area. my pic is not to big. dont know what else to do. i can post a pic in a thread just not my gallery.

Quick Reply: computer ignorance