Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

cobalt ss supercharged

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 10:53 AM
1st Gear
Default cobalt ss supercharged

Ok so it's clear in the sports car world of what everyone thinks of the srt4's... But I was wondering what you guys think of the cobalt ss... I've beat numerous when my car was stock until about 60-70 mph... I've never been a fan of fwd but a lot of people are... I'm not looking to buy one just wondering the general opinions that people have on this car...

Old 05-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Default RE: cobalt ss supercharged

I don't even bother with them unless they're modded. Stock supercharged SS (there is a non-supercharged Cobalt SS also) isn't that big of a deal, and not even a match. But a few mods to them and they can be pretty fast. When one pulls up beside me I try to gauge if it is stock or not. If stock, I just let 'em go, and of course they'd say I was afraid. But I won't waste a clutch drop for that car unless it is modded.
However, when it all comes down, at the end of the day, they are still in a Chevy Cobalt. That's my opinion on it.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-17-2007, 11:17 AM
1st Gear

Yup..at the end of the day they are still in a Cobalt..or Neon..is right..if you want a cheap car that can go fast with a little mods (and no luxury) than go with that...than again im totally bias..i hate "newer" american muscle..but i do like the ol'school muscle though..

Old 05-17-2007, 11:19 AM
1st Gear

I saw on Car and Driver (not sure if it was that show) the Cobalt SS beat the RSX Type S on the 1/4 and braking.... thats all i know about them..

Oh, and it replaced the Cavalier... I think that says alot LOL

Old 05-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Site Moderator

Please post non A4 related threads in off topic!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2007, 11:32 AM

haha some guy in his stocksrt 4 said he beat an sti so i was like that means ur faster then me lets race so i kicked his *** and he was like uhhhh ummmm myclutch wasntworkin and i was like yea watever but yea cobalt ss is supposibly a good track car if they do some stuff but yea its basicly a cavalier with a baby supercharger on it

Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

I'm comparing it to my a4 so it does indeed has a connection

Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

have*

Old 05-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Site Moderator

All you said was that you have beaten one before in your audi. Its clear that you arent looking for direct comparisons between an A4 and Cobalt, and are "just wondering the general opinions that people have on this car... " and "wondering what you guys think of the cobalt ss."If you wanted to compare 1/4 mile times between the A4 and cobalt, 0-60 differences, weight, etc. that would be different.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:33 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: beast a4

haha some guy in his stocksrt 4 said he beat an sti so i was like that means ur faster then me lets race so i kicked his *** and he was like uhhhh ummmm myclutch wasntworkin and i was like yea watever but yea cobalt ss is supposibly a good track car if they do some stuff but yea its basicly a cavalier with a baby supercharger on it
Question One: Was that english?

Question Two: Did you go to school?

Quick Reply: cobalt ss supercharged