Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cloverfield Review

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:05 AM
Default RE: Cloverfield Review

I thought it was a decent movie. I wish they would have gone into more detail during the ending, but it entertained me well enough for my $7.50. Although, I should have sat further back...motion sickeness, ha!

Old 01-23-2008, 01:11 PM
3rd Gear

I agree it was good but not enough info and no plot. Would've been cool if they were to sneak into the info center the army had and overhead and seen an outline of what they thought it was and its purpose and then at the end set somethin up for a next movie to explain a good ending. I didn't like this movie too much (although I didn't get motion sickness but my g/f and her friend did lol) but I would definetely go see the sequel

Old 01-23-2008, 01:36 PM
2nd Gear

I really never understood whythe guymore or less said **** you to the bro once he died and randomly decided to get this girlfriend who had been lying with a piece of rebar through her chest for a least 3 hours... yea nice. And when he talked to him mom it came off as "My brother is dead but don't worry about it because I'm going to rescue my ex-girlfriend who I got in a fight with tonight." Could have had a better plot but I think the guy filming made the movie.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:03 PM
2nd Gear

Hud was the best part of the movie. Without him, the movie would have been so much less of a hit to me.

I loved it. Everything from the monster, to the way things ended. It all makes sense. Not many people would survive some **** like that in real life either. And everyone HAD to of known that they were all dead from the beginning when it said US DoD Library Video Documentation or whatever.

The monster looked sick I appreciated the different camera angles and **** as well as the humor thrown in every now and then.

i'd give it 4 stars.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:39 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

ORIGINAL: SAudi

so what your saying is it pretty much blairwitch project in NY.
I wish.. [&o] i finally saw it this weekend & was surprised at how good the monster / effects were.

but i was sortve put off by the camera work. its seems like it was shaky ON PURPOSE
to give the handheld effect.. also - theres such a difference w/ a scripted movie in this format..
u really dont get the same emotion as in Blair Witch - where it was all real time reactions / acting
to what was going on...

still worth it if your into films / etc. Im glad i saw it,...
if ur not a movie junkie- its just a headache.

Old 01-29-2008, 01:19 AM
2nd Gear

I saw it

good concept

ending made me want to punch a baby

Old 01-29-2008, 01:24 AM
Site Moderator/Ninja

yeah the concept was defenitely refreshing..

lmao @ ending
not lmao @ punching babies.

the GF was HOOOOOOOOOOOT

Old 01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
4th Gear

yeah, you just like your girls on a rebar spit, ya kinky bastage

Old 01-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja

doesnt everyone?

Old 01-29-2008, 04:25 PM
2nd Gear

Anyone who was upset that they didnt explain enough stuff really doesnt get the movie. We understood as much stuff as the people in the movie, we saw what they saw. The movie delivered for sure.

Quick Reply: Cloverfield Review