Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cigar lover's thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 07:53 PM
3rd Gear

FYI, the humidor comes with a free cigar cutter and a Don Kiki green label cigar, which was dried out and I thought it was garbage.

I've recently been smoking 601, a Don Pepin Garcia brand. I haven't had a 601 yet that I didn't like.
If you want something mild, a red label Rocky Patel Cuban Blend might be a good pick.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Guru

C.A.O. Gold is a little on the light side and a pretty good smoke.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:04 PM
2nd Gear

Sorry to **** on your thread, but what do you get from a cigar. If you dont inhale you get no buzz, so your left with a shitty taste in your mouth and no buzz? Ill stick to blunts.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Tech Guru

^ Go home.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:21 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Rhinop21
Sorry to **** on your thread, but what do you get from a cigar. If you dont inhale you get no buzz, so your left with a shitty taste in your mouth and no buzz? Ill stick to blunts.
Haha, me too.

But still, right before the intense burning... I could taste the cigar, and it tasted good. I love the smell of cigar smoke, but had never smoked one.

I presume smoking a cigar and inhaling would give you the traditional effects of nicotine? I've never even had a drag of a cigarette, so I've no idea what nicotine does to you... but I would guess that a cigar might do the same if you could bloody inhale it.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:22 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by airguard350
^ Go home.
See you couldn't come up with anything good. The only thing I like about cigars is the smell when they burn.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Guru

They make me look like a boss. I personally like the taste. If you had ANY taste at all you can taste things in the smoke. Hints of wood, cocoa, leather, and other things. Stick to your blunts you uncultured ************.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:36 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by airguard350
They make me look like a boss. I personally like the taste. If you had ANY taste at all you can taste things in the smoke. Hints of wood, cocoa, leather, and other things. Stick to your blunts you uncultured ************.
This made me laugh out loud.

I prefer the smell of cigars... so perhaps I should befriend more cigar lovers, and just kind of lurk around, enjoying the free second hand.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Tech Guru

Maybe.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:44 PM
5th Gear

A good cigar will give you the same effect as a cigarette WITHOUT inhaling. You have a lot of blood vessels in your mouth, the nicotine goes straight to the blood.

The deal with cigars and pipes is not to race thru it like a cigarette. They're meant to be smoked slow. If you sit there puffing on it like a madman, you get it burning too hot, and the smoke gets really acidic. This is more noticeable with a pipe, you'll burn your tongue, but not from the heat.

I find the lighter wrapped cigars that are usually described as mild have a 'bite' that I don't notice with the darker cigars, which is why I usually go for the full bodied, full flavor cigars.

I also smoke a pipe (7 pipes to be exact), my favorites are my Kirsten Mariner, and my Waldorf Gramaercy, both somewhat old pipes, and a little different, they have metal shafts. I generally only smoke english blends with the pipes, nothing commercial, usually local blend the pipe shop mixes up. I do keep some pipes for smoking cavendish (flavored) tobaccos. You don't want to mix the two types, too much clashing of tastes. I have a couple ceramic jars I keep pipe tobacco in, and a glass jar with a wooden lid with a canister for water situated with my pipe rack. The jar is basically a humidor for pipe tobacco.

Quick Reply: Cigar lover's thread