Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Christmas Gifts

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 12:53 AM
ladyluck
Default Christmas Gifts

Hi! As we all Christmas is fast approaching and I wanted to get my boyfriend a really nice gift and I thought that a gift for his Audi A4 would be really nice. However, I am totally clueless when it comes to cars and wanted some advice from you guys on what you think might be a good gift. My budget is a $100.

Any suggestions???

Old 11-23-2009, 02:00 AM
5th Gear

i'd recommend getting him a gift certificate so he can pay for the other part of it lol. does he talk about getting something for his car? i know it's less thoughtful to get him a giftcard but it's the best option in this case because things for audi's are usually expensive. ecstuning.com, purems.com, mjmautohaus.com are popular places where people buy stuff for their audis though

Old 11-23-2009, 10:29 AM
ladyluck

Thanks for the help but could you think of a gift that is more personal and usable at all times for the car? I like the gift card idea nevertheless it would be a thrill to give him something more unique.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:46 AM

You could find a GPS unit for around $100. I dont know if he would use that or not.

What kinda A4 does he have (year, engine)? What other interests does he have?

Old 11-23-2009, 01:04 PM
5th Gear

http://www.osirusa.com/mm5/merchant....gory_Code=OSAC

What guy DOESN'T like carbon fiber?

If I could clad my phone in it I would, but I don't have an iphone. Runner up, dress up the key fob.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Or get him a custom shift **** for his car.

acTTung - Do you have that "custom" keyfob thing? I don't get the whole point of that.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:12 PM
5th Gear

ha, actually, i use the valet key most of the time. After dropping all my keys in the lake once, fortunately only in 4ft of water, I decided I'd stash the fob and use the cheap key, in case next time it happens in 70ft of water.

I'd LIKE to have that fob. Just looks cool, thats all it was meant to do. Look cool. Like most custom shift *****. 99% of the time, its for looks.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:33 PM
1st Gear

If he wouldn't be a lot happier with you wearing something new from Frederick's of Hollywood, I'd say he has a screw loose. Especially if you let him open it while you're IN the car.....

That said, however; here's something I found that while hugely overpriced, is within your budget, and IS useful.....

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B6_S4-...ting/ES252101/

I got mine at the dealer parts counter for 65.00 out the door and it has the Audi logo on the lens. The cheaper ones I've found online don't have the logo. And, I've also found them for over 200.00 online.

Maybe he can use the flashlight to explore the Frederick's package??? Good luck, young lady. I hope he appreciates you.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:35 PM
1st Gear

Oh, and for around 70, I think you can get him rubber mats for the front seats (good for the winter to save the rugs).

Old 11-23-2009, 11:07 PM
ladyluck

Originally Posted by Lyman_T
Oh, and for around 70, I think you can get him rubber mats for the front seats (good for the winter to save the rugs).
thanks and he does appreciate me. can i get the rubber mats anywhere or is there a place that has the mats with the audi logo on them?

Quick Reply: Christmas Gifts