Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Checking back in...thanks Rail Runner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Site Moderator/Ninja
Default RE: Checking back in...thanks Rail Runner!!!

ORIGINAL: akoby9

^HAHAA,

Thanks everyone... and.... i'm retarted... I just spend like 10 minutes trying to figure out again how to post a picture on here, can someone smarter please do it for me? or tell me how?
Ya u have been gone to long.. questions like this get answered with a fat

SEARCH THE FORUMS..

j/k...

Old 12-07-2007, 05:48 PM
6th Gear

these are so sick. yeah I'm on newschoolers too because it's actually a really helpful site and I've learned a lot from it.
Isn't wagner that company that does one off skis?

I still don't know how you are supposed to size ski though?

Old 12-07-2007, 06:04 PM
2nd Gear

one off ski?

Wager is a company out of Tulluride Colorado, they make custom skis, I get these on Monday. For some reason.... I think the distribution center is there....but they shipped out on Wed, went all the way to MEMPHIS, then are coming here on Monday. Oh well I guess I can't really complain, just super excited.

Whats your name on their? is it Joel B? Cause he just asked that question.

Are you asking how to read measurments on a ski? Or how to measure/determine what size of ski you want?

measurments of a ski look like this 116 - 84 - 110 (thats what mine is) thats tip 116, midsole 84 and tail 110 mm measurements on how wide they are at the given point. usually people refer to skis by their midsole length, 80 - 90 park ski, more around 82-84. Then 90 + is powder ski

For ski sizing it depends on a few things: How good you are, what your looking to do (park, rails, bc, powder, moguls), how tall you are, and weight.

One of the biggest things in skiing though (equipment wise) that gets over looked.... are boots. They are one of the most important thigns to get and spend your time and money on. Let me know if you have any questions.... soemtimes newschoolers is a bit rough, if you know what I mean.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:19 PM
6th Gear

yeah I know what you mean, my name is the same there as it is here (it's easy for me to remember it that way)

And it's how to pick the correct length, I understand how to read the width dimensions. Thanks for the explanation and I'm sure I'll PM you probably sometime when I'm looking for a new pair of skis.