Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Check this out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Default RE: Check this out!!!

Ahhh.. I see...

My box has Xenium ICE with a 160gig thats pretty full. Used to have the solderless XBIT but gave that to my bro (pinheader install).

About the PSP question... I wouldnt hold my breath with that.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: EvilA4

Some new stuff about FORZA:

http://www.playerone.be/news.php?id_news=2014

I modded my box but that 10gig POS had to go. I have my old 10 gig HDD too.
From the pics on teh link it looks like FORZA's gonna include damage incurred while driving, SWEEEEEET!!! But, schitt, now I gotta go and get an XBox.

DOya gotta cough up some loot to get the damage repaired, or does it happen magically, like those infinite ammunition guns in some sims?

Old 04-19-2005, 02:10 AM

Just found the mother of all FORZA sites.

www.forzacentral.com
Features of the game are as follows:

Content
Cars: Over 230 (now confirmed).
Garage: The player's garage will hold about 300 cars.
Auto Manufacturers: Over 40
Tracks: 17 track environments featuring over 40 tracks
Performance parts: 150 companies with over 500 parts
Paint Customization: up to 100 layers of content can be applied to 6 separate sections of the car's body.
Replays: "As the creators of the Project Gotham Racing and Rallisport Challenge games, you can expect the same features seen in those great titles. However, Forza also features a Replay Telemetry system. This allows the player to look at the forces acting on the car in any replay. The player can look at suspension travel, load, camber, lateral and accelerative forces as well as tire pressure and temperature."
Pit Stops: "Crew animations are nice to watch for spectators, but that’s not what the crew chief and driver are watching during a pit stop. Pit stops in Forza Motorsport are focused around race strategy not the movements of a pit crew." "Pit crews will perform limited repairs on performance systems, but bumpers, wings and other body components will not be replaced during the race"

Technical Features
Players: 2-player split-screen, system link
HDTV: 480p and widescreen, MS is still looking at 720p, there will not be 1080i
Sound: Dolby 5.1 Surround, speakers linked to each wheel of the car.
Control sampling: 180 times per second.
Rumble: All four tires are fed into the rumble and 5.1 audio systems independently. As a result, the experienced player can tell which tires are on curbing, off the road or beyond peak friction simply by touch.
Force Feedback Steering Wheel: The new Fanatec Speedster Force Shock seems to be the manufacturer that MS have been working with. There may also be a new orange MC2 by Madcatz.

Forza 'Firsts':
Risk-based reward system - "You can win more money by racing with some of the game assists turned off. For example, you will earn more money for winning a race using a manual transmission than you will if you race with an automatic. The same goes for racing with the damage system turned off, or by racing with the assists (such as ABS brakes) turned off. "
Dual Arm Suspension: This means your car wheels can tilt slightly as well as go up and down. An important factor for cornering.
Air Physics System: The physics model calculates drag as well as lift cause by air going under the car.
Drivatar: Learning AI that mimics your driving style for use as team driving or to race against others in your absence.
Tire Physics: "We received confidential real-world tire data from engineers at Toyo tires to help us develop and tune our tire physics. We spent over a month developing the tire physics and two months tuning the tire compounds and tire types. "
Persistent environmental damage: paint etchings on guardrails, tread marks on the pavement, all remain there until the end of the race.

About the damage... you will have to pay for it. There are alot more things you can do like engine swaps and what have you. Hopefully, they will include the 1.8t engine... so I can have my AUDI A4 in there. That would rock!!

Old 04-19-2005, 07:40 PM
2nd Gear

man that is so sick! i cannot wait! It WILL NEVER come out on psp or playstation 2. It is an microsoft game. Sony is their biggest competitor. It is the same reason gt4 will never come out on xbox.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:18 AM

That would be damn sweet if it did.

I wrote Control sampling: 180 times per second. Thats wrong... its 260. Thats the different types of physics that could be happening in one second.

Old 04-20-2005, 02:42 AM

#8 Audi TT 24h Nürb vs. #5 Opel Astra V8 in Split-Screen action at Road Atlanta-Short Course
http://rmjv.net/vi/forzagp14.wmv

#1 Infinion Audi R8 at Tokyo Circuit
http://rmjv.net/vi/forzagp15.wmv

Old 04-20-2005, 04:25 AM
4th Gear

pretty sick

Old 04-20-2005, 07:19 AM

God that SIG pic you have is frickin hilarious!

Old 04-20-2005, 04:40 PM

I just keep finding vids.... Im soo addicted.

This video is a perfect example of the damage models in the game. They are soo sweet....

Its a GT3 slamming into a wall at Nurburg

http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=...8139J4ZN2IG1ZB4

Old 04-20-2005, 04:43 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: EvilA4

God that SIG pic you have is frickin hilarious!
lol, ty.

if i had xbox... i think i'd be diggin this game hardcore too
i'm also a huge fan... HUGE fan... of Need for Speed: Underground 2... which btw has a new version coming out November Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Quick Reply: Check this out!!!