Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

career?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 03:03 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: career?

LOL yep Im an Oregander , lol or Oregonian

ORIGINAL: AWDaholic

ORIGINAL: bluovalguy

ORIGINAL: BadLuckAudi

LOL Michigander lol, is that what your really called lol

Sneak, PM me your email addy. I've got a good friend who startd out in car sales a decade, or so, ago. Works F&I now nd makes 6 figures. Send me your addy & I'll ask him to contact you and tell you the pros & cons of car sales... It's the least I can do for an AFer and fellow Michigander...
What would YOU have it be? Michiganian? Michiganite? Michigilligan?

Yer just jealous cause yer in Ore-ee-gone, arrncha?

Michigilligan gets my vote
Along with:

ArkanSkippers

MississipProfessors

AlabaMaryAnns (which, kinda works, huh?)

VirGingers

OklaHowells

Old 03-26-2006, 04:39 AM

sneak, if u dont wanna go to school now, IMO, u wont ever go back. I have heard it alot. I recomend taking atleast a few classes. But if ur looking for a job, look for something with a large ladder u can climb. A grocery store, (u can get up to district manager and make a decent living), a car dealership will work but i think at manager or even shift manager they prolly require a degree of some sort. A large chain retail store, maybe a retail salesman with commison. There are options, just dont decide to flip burgers.

Old 03-26-2006, 04:24 PM
1st Gear

I'll pipe up here just because I'm an old guy (47yo)

First, I've seen many kids go to college with no direction, most end up pissin their parents money away and drop out, including 2 of my own kids.

To be on this forum, you probably have some mechanical tendencies. I don't know you but there are hundreds of directions to go. I wouldn't suggest car sales - you'll soon hate it.

I'm in sales of large complex machinery and robotics. Very rewarding but I started out as a machinist 27 years ago.

This career thing for young people such as yourself is of particular interest to me. One of the biggest problems companies have today is qualified and willing help.

There is no one answer. You're an individual and what works for one doesn't for the other.

Military is a good alternative. My oldest daughter did it - it was good for her. My son never would have done well with that. My youngest daughter is at the University of Iowa and I believe that she'll go all the way through because she is committed - not me!!

I'd encourage you to talk to a career counselor or me if you wish. My email is rsnagy@ellisonmw.com.

Old 03-28-2006, 08:24 PM
2nd Gear

Yer kinda young, so I'll pass on some sage advice... Don't smoke sage, it gives you a headache! Oh, ad, never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys teh pig. In other words: say your piece, if thats what YOU believe, but, don't listen to teh detractors too hard, and spend even LESS time tryN to convince 'em you know what your doing. Once, twice, maybe, then move on, even if they won't.

There, now, doncha feel wiser?
ORIGINAL: sneakerpro

i feel like you may be under the influence of some illegal substance right now. what the hell did you say in that post ^^^
a bit scary, but i understood this perfectly

Old 03-28-2006, 11:26 PM
Senior Administrator

^^^that's because yu & I ar connected on a level deeper than Sneak can fathom

Old 03-29-2006, 12:15 AM

level deeper than i can fathom? all that means is that you are BOTH smokin' something i haven't

Old 03-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: sneakerpro

level deeper than i can fathom? all that means is that you are BOTH smokin' something i haven't
[sm=pimp.gif]
You're just JEALOUS...
[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]