Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

car that runs on water no joke

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 12:46 PM
2nd Gear
Default car that runs on water no joke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8stApCmxYEM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h75_T...eature=related

this man could have saved us all but he was assisnated

Old 05-16-2008, 05:21 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: car that runs on water no joke

He was from Columbus area, I've read some stuff about him on my local forum (columbusracing.com) pretty sweet invention!

Old 05-16-2008, 11:55 PM
2nd Gear

i sure as hell wouldent be couging out $60 just for gas if this became big

Old 05-17-2008, 01:01 AM
4th Gear

What the f*ck.. why do I still have a car running on gas?

And why aren't cars running on water avalible to me?!

Old 05-17-2008, 03:04 AM

Well thats amazing and upsetting. It's good to know it can be done. I certainly hope the idea is still being developed by the government.

Old 05-17-2008, 11:27 PM
1st Gear

i love watching stuff like this... does anybody know if this is actually true??... if it is, why are we not creating hydrogen through this process, why are we using the very inefficient methods we use todoy??

Old 05-18-2008, 12:11 AM
cbg

ORIGINAL: Promaine

Well thats amazing and upsetting. It's good to know it can be done. I certainly hope the idea is still being developed by the government.
and herein lies the problem. The government does not develop new technology for the public good; if they do develop new technology it is usually weaponry related. Privately owned industry innovates. Henry Ford was not working for the government or receiving government subsidies. He wanted to make his own money. Once private industry can innovate and invent something better than the combustion engine that is viable we can have something different. Ethanol is absolutely not the way, water would be cool.

Old 05-18-2008, 06:14 PM
3rd Gear

Government doesn't want these methods to be developed because their trillions in the petroleum industry will be flushed down the toilet. Anybody wonder why most people are still getting less than 30 mpg's? 40's is hybrids and phenomenal so gas efficiency hasn't improved greatly in the last 50 years or so but just see how much cars have improved technologically in every other way.

Old 05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
cbg

^ absolutely. i believe its 50 something cents per gallon in federal tax, 20 some for state tax (sorry dont feel like googling right now will edit later with #s).....if the gov't cared about the price of gas maybe dont charge tax for a few months on it until the market can be stabalized bu no, not gonna happen.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:02 PM

Well there are certainly things that have derived from military technology that we use today. The GPS was something the military developed was it not?
I agree though there is too strong of a force trying to keep oil on the market for there to be any alternative.

I did some research on this guy and he wasn't murdered official he died of a cerebral aneurysm and it is a conspiracy theory that he was poisoned... I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

Meyer apparently did make a car that ran on water however it was not verified by an independent source. He claimed the car could got from New York to LA on 22 gallons of water.

Apparently complete plans are avaiable online but no one has been able to recreat his technology.

Quick Reply: car that runs on water no joke