Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Cannon Ball Run

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Cannon Ball Run

well we should put a cap on that.. what if one of us gets pulled over for doing 7mph over the limit and happened to be going with the flow of traffic?? That would suck.. and that person could just not tell us about it.. unless we happen to pass them while getting pulled over.. so maybe we should set it at if somebody gets a ticket for 11+mph over the posted speed limit

Old 09-09-2005, 05:13 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

well we should put a cap on that.. what if one of us gets pulled over for doing 7mph over the limit and happened to be going with the flow of traffic?? That would suck.. and that person could just not tell us about it.. unless we happen to pass them while getting pulled over.. so maybe we should set it at if somebody gets a ticket for 11+mph over the posted speed limit
Yeah...that would be cool...something along those lines...as sp4nk3r said...want some way to limit the stupid/unsafe behavior

Old 09-09-2005, 05:31 PM

ORIGINAL: abacab

ORIGINAL: Redgoat

Yeah...that would be cool...something along those lines...as sp4nk3r said...want some way to limit the stupid/unsafe behavior
Yes, but even 15 over's not that big a deal (except to the person getting the ticket).

What about 16 or over of ACTUAL, not just what you get the ticket for. (They usually put both numbers on the ticket...I've heard...)

Old 09-09-2005, 06:32 PM
4th Gear

i agree on startin on the east coast, i say next spring when my friends come back from school, they will def be down in joining us. Also save up more money. I say we do it that would be awesome and stay in cheap *** motels (cant afford anything nice). I think that would be wicked fun

Old 09-09-2005, 08:38 PM
2nd Gear

Oh, this sounds awesome. I'd definately be interested in this if it is planned out with dates and stops and routes.

I'm located 20mins away from the city of Chicago in Illinois.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:49 PM

yea im in. Im trying to get my dad to do teh gumball rally with me since he loves europe an di love driving fast. So it would be great the only thing is how do u get ur car tehere?

Old 09-09-2005, 09:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: 99a4audi

i agree on startin on the east coast, i say next spring when my friends come back from school, they will def be down in joining us. Also save up more money. I say we do it that would be awesome and stay in cheap *** motels (cant afford anything nice). I think that would be wicked fun
sleep in car, easy for me to say, i have an a6

Old 09-10-2005, 01:37 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: apg96

yea im in. Im trying to get my dad to do teh gumball rally with me since he loves europe an di love driving fast. So it would be great the only thing is how do u get ur car tehere?
apg, you can't just do the gumball rally out of no where....first off, the "entry fee" is 20 grand, and that pretty much includes your hotel rooms and all the stickers they put on your car, that's about it...plus, if it's your first gumball, you have to have a SUPER exotic car to get in, like a ferrari or lambo...possibly an rs4 would make it...plus shipping your car if it's not a local race...and if you actually want to race it you'll also have to factor in tickets.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:06 AM
2nd Gear

I say a gumball rally,

I differ on starting points.

I say start from east coast and west coast and meet up around the middle, possibly run up into canuckistan and end up say edmonton.....He he or yellowknife...

That gives everyone about the same distance to travel give or take.

Have stops every night, A day of freeway driving, a day of scenic state/province routes.

I'd say 16 mph over the speed limit adds 1 hour for the first ticket 2 hours for the 2nd. ect.

Room and lodging to be arranged by the participant once checkpoints are in place.

Old 09-10-2005, 03:46 AM

I like it.

So how do we from the Midwest fit in?

Quick Reply: Cannon Ball Run