Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Can you believe this sheet?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 03:48 PM
4th Gear

It's more a situation of gross over reaction on everyone's part.

Yeah, maybe cover the shirt - but don't send the guy to the back of the plane.

And awarding him nearly a quarter of a million is outrageous - maybe $25k for the stupidity of the situation, but if crap like this continues you'll have to wear non descript gray jumpsuits just to fly.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:56 PM

^ word.

no more rosa parks ****.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by kolbs_91
I'm pretty sure what he's saying is there are people in this country that don't speak English in public. Mexicans aren't the only ones, so cool down.
lol i was just kiddin!

Originally Posted by Palindari™
lol... nothing different than any other nationality around me does - there are too many illegals here...

It's funny, my assistant manager here is Mexican/American and speaks fluent Spanish. When he first started here (hired mostly for his linguistic skills) he was pretty easy going. But now it gets to him how many people assume that we will have someone there that speaks their lingo.

Have to admit they make up nearly 40% of our clientele so who am I to complain, eh?
lol like i said i was just kiddn.
and in reply to ur comment about too many 'illegals hope you dont assume every hispanic-looking person is an illegal mexican...

Old 01-07-2009, 04:51 PM
4th Gear

No - but I can safely assume if they can no habla engliss - they are

Old 01-07-2009, 05:44 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by mexican47
and in reply to ur comment about too many 'illegals hope you dont assume every hispanic-looking person is an illegal mexican...
well Not to be the total dick of the conversation... but like 55% of the illegal immigrant population comes from mexico... http://cis.org/Illegal

Now im not saying anything bad about hispanics... I work with a ton of them and I have a few hispanic friends... but I just wanted to point that out..

OH YA! and the plane thing. total bullshit....

Last edited by pilihp2; 01-07-2009 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:55 AM

I think that there *are* too many illegals here in this country that are using our roads without paying to maintain them.

BUT at the same time, I also know that it is way too hard to gain citizenship in this great "melting-pot" of a country. My girlfriend is Iranian and her dad has had soo many hardships just because of his nationality. He is a physicist and one of the smartest people I have ever had the privilege of meeting in my life. But this man, because of his nationality had to create a fake company with an american in order to work for the air force; because it would be a "National Security Risk." Albeit, in a time like this were terrorists are bloody everywhere, you can never be too careful, but sometimes people can be just outright too careful.

America - Land of the free, home of the over-reacting.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:36 AM

No - but I can safely assume if they can no habla engliss - they are
oh come on!
so just cuz someone speaks spanish it makes them a mexican??
I mean, I understand if they cant speak english they're probably illegal (since in order to become a citizen you must take an oral test)
But there are ~24 other countries that speak spanish.

yeah i can understand you might have a lil trouble desifering a hispanics country of origen (because even I do with hispanics, not to mention other ethnic groups. no offense)
but you shouldn't make the asumption that everyone that speaks spanish is mexican.
even when '~55% of illegal aliens' are from mexico.

Originally Posted by pilihp2
well Not to be the total dick of the conversation... but like 55% of the illegal immigrant population comes from mexico... http://cis.org/Illegal

Now im not saying anything bad about hispanics... I work with a ton of them and I have a few hispanic friends... but I just wanted to point that out..

OH YA! and the plane thing. total bullshit....
good point! i like when people find facts to back it up. and thats all i can say to that lol.
but then again it only talks about the illegal immigrants, they catch.
And considering they target hispanics its no suprise (IMO from past experience).

and finally Lut3s i have to agree with you. there are too many ILLEGALS (IMO)
and it IS hard to become a citizen or even a resident for that matter.

yet im not too sure that they dont somehow pay for 'our' roads. They might not do their tax reports (maybe they get payed under the table(which im sure not only illegals do)), but they still pay tax everytime they buy something, like gas... lol
antother thing: do you think a single mom (illegal immigrant) is going to get tax-returns or any kind of govt aid w/o SSN? [some ppl argue that illegal immigrants are stealing our healthcare and such]
Im no expert at whatever this would be called but i think it might balance itself out...

btw I didnt mean to get off-topic (ironic lol) much less to offend anyone here.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:27 AM

Maybe some of you dont realize that this event occured two days after the British intercepted a plot to hijack US planes. This guy was obviously PROVOKING the airline by choosing to make a statement on the flight during a time of hightened security. Comparing him to Rosa Parks is plain ignorant.

Airlines cant change your seat without being sued? give me a break. Everyone who supports this guy should become a lawyer and chase ambulances for the rest of thier lives. And the guy didnt win the lawsuit, the airline paid him to go away. Stuff like this is why health care costs are so high.

This man did not act in a vacuum. The time and place of his actions were completely inappropriate. It will now be more difficult for airlines to enforce their security measures.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:19 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by mexican47
oh come on!
so just cuz someone speaks spanish it makes them a mexican??
I mean, I understand if they cant speak english they're probably illegal (since in order to become a citizen you must take an oral test)
But there are ~24 other countries that speak spanish.
and nearly all of them are south of our border too... lol

no, my point is that if they only speak Spanish and not English that tells me that - yes, they are illegal.

Never said anything about being Mexican - just being illegal was all...

Old 01-08-2009, 06:18 PM

and nearly all of them are south of our border too... lol

no, my point is that if they only speak Spanish and not English that tells me that - yes, they are illegal.

Never said anything about being Mexican - just being illegal was all...
i must have misunderstood ur post then.
oh and about the other spanish-speaking countries south of the border; they use mexico to get here (US) not to mention a lot of them just stay in mexico illegaly lol
edit: lets get back on track!

Quick Reply: Can you believe this sheet?!?!?