Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Can you believe this sheet?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:52 PM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Palindari™
in CA Mexicans make up the majority
You can say that again, im learning spanish just so i can get some taco bell around here.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:08 AM

what are you trying to say?

Old 01-07-2009, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by MYD WGN
Shouldn't the title been "Can you believe this Shiite"
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA Wow if I could rep you on this forum that'd be like +9

Old 01-07-2009, 08:17 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by mexican47
I'm pretty sure what he's saying is there are people in this country that don't speak English in public. Mexicans aren't the only ones, so cool down.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:34 AM
1st Gear

I agree no way he should have gotten that much money

Old 01-07-2009, 12:48 PM
5th Gear

Again, I'm fine with the airline having to fork over 240k for their ignorance... Did he deserve 240k? Probably not, but honestly, all the power to him. He made an example of 'em. That's acceptable.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:01 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by mexican47
lol... nothing different than any other nationality around me does - there are too many illegals here...

It's funny, my assistant manager here is Mexican/American and speaks fluent Spanish. When he first started here (hired mostly for his linguistic skills) he was pretty easy going. But now it gets to him how many people assume that we will have someone there that speaks their lingo.

Have to admit they make up nearly 40% of our clientele so who am I to complain, eh?

Old 01-07-2009, 01:06 PM

I dont see how the airline made a mistake. Flying is a priveledge, not a right, and the airlines are responsible for providing a safe atmosphere for all of its passengers. They see this guy wearing a shirt that will likely upset many of the passengers on the flight. They give a guy and different shirt and move his seat to a more discrete location. Then they get sued by the guy and are forced to pay him a large sum of money. I dont see the airline being ignorant here.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:58 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by AutoUnionFan
I dont see how the airline made a mistake. Flying is a priveledge, not a right, and the airlines are responsible for providing a safe atmosphere for all of its passengers. They see this guy wearing a shirt that will likely upset many of the passengers on the flight. They give a guy and different shirt and move his seat to a more discrete location. Then they get sued by the guy and are forced to pay him a large sum of money. I dont see the airline being ignorant here.
What?
I'm sure somebody could wear an NRA shirt or some crap onto the plane without issue... if people are going to be afraid of some dude because of a tshirt (that they can't even translate), then that's their problem. The airline had no right to discriminate. Now they're out 240k.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:33 PM

Some rosa parks ****. get to the back of the plane. wtf man, thats so messed up. We will not be silent. thats all it meant right? and in arabic? who the f*ck cares. i understand the need to be cautious at all times, but making a dude change his shirt or cover it up because people dont know what it means, and even if they did know what it means, do they read it in the right context, no. they revert to racial profiling and discrimination which is easier for most to do then to be accepting of those who are different. like i said we always need to be cautious, but giving into paranoia because of a saying that most (myself included im sure) dont understand on a t-shirt = FAIL.

240k is alot of money, maybe too much, too the airline its prolly nothing. the fact that the guy made an example of them is pretty sweet, they deserve it.

Quick Reply: Can you believe this sheet?!?!?