Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Busy Day! JEEBUS! *pic added*

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:30 PM
5th Gear
Default Busy Day! JEEBUS! *pic added*

Alright, so I woke up this morning, went to a stupid hour long dentist appointment (and they were 15 minutes late getting to me, which I HATE because I make early appointments figuring that they can't be behind yet...)
Anyways, I went home, and started on the car at like, noon. On the days agenda:
-replace control arms & C-links
-lower coilovers
-adjust dampening on coilovers
-delete secondary air system

... So anyways, I managed to replace the passenger side control arms, lower that coilover, and adjust its dampening. Took me like 6 hours! So many stupid stubborn bolts, and the coilovers were, of course, a bizatch because they were seized and whatnot. I did find out that my coilovers have about 2 1/4 turns of dampening adjustment, and they were set at 1/4 turn away from the weakest dampening. I knew they must have been, because ever since installing my FK's like 2 years ago, I was dissapointed... they were way too soft. We'll see how they are tomorrow, when I do the drivers side (hopefully it goes faster!). I ended up turning them a full turn more towards the aggressive side... we'll see how that works out. It's a bit more than halfway towards full dampening.

Didn't bother with the SAP, because... well... I was tired and frustrated. I'll delete the bugger another day...

/rant

Here's a teaser pic... I still have to lower the rear. The dampening adjustments up front made a big difference... I might take them off and give them another 1/2 of a turn towards the aggressive side, but we'll see once I do the rears. It might not need it.

Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Busy Day! JEEBUS!

So you must be slammed near the ground. Pics?

Old 06-13-2007, 09:12 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: skunkoncrunk

So you must be slammed near the ground. Pics?
Well, my passenger side was always higher than my drivers side... and it irritated me! So today I figured I'd adjust to make it better... well, I went a bit far (about 1/4") so tomorrow I'll drop the drivers side 1/4" or so, to even it out. So yeah, the car overall will be 1/4" lower than it was yesterday... I think it'll look good. I will get pics eventually... the car is filthy. Once I drop the rears (I have to wait for my rear swaybar end links from getcoolparts.com) I'll post pics. I should have the swaybar end links late next week, so likely next weekend I'll install them.

Now I'm gonna go see "hot fuzz"

Old 06-13-2007, 09:23 PM
3rd Gear

Sick.

I haven't seen that movie yet. Looks like it's good though.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

+1 Hot Fuzz.

Are you going to corner weight it? From what I've heard coil overs won't really help unless you set them up with a set of scales.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 AM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Electric Pi

+1 Hot Fuzz.

Are you going to corner weight it? From what I've heard coil overs won't really help unless you set them up with a set of scales.
Negative. I don't race or anything... and they do 'help' when you compare them to stock... that's pretty much no contest. But yeah, I am quite sure that corner weighting it would be a great improvement, noticable on the race track... or if driven very aggressively. Not me, though!

Hot Fuzz was awesome.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:36 PM
5th Gear

Well, the drivers side went a little better... I was able to do it by myself, for the most part. My younger brother came out to help me towards the end, but I was pretty much done already.[:@]

Haha, anyways, the swaybar was a bit of a problem... the monstrous H-sport unit was in the way, and uber stiff (obviously) so I had to unbolt it so it could move around a bit. Otherwise, it was pretty straightforward I guess...
I do want to send a big '**** you' out to the damned bolts that hold the lower control arms in place. God, they are a pain in the ***.
Added a pic, above.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:05 PM
5th Gear

your car looks great man, hopefull the adjustments will make it ride better

Old 06-15-2007, 07:51 AM

Looks good Head. Making me want to get my suspension done asap after i get my rims installed.

Old 06-15-2007, 11:36 AM
5th Gear

Added a couple pics... one of my girlfriend exchanging a kiss with my dog, Tyra.
Adorable.

Quick Reply: Busy Day! JEEBUS! *pic added*