Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Broke my arm...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Administrator

dear god that looks bad, it hurts me just lookin at it

Old 10-22-2008, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by MikieTaps
yeah, if you get an option of a waterproof cast... GET IT! if you have to pay extra for it... PAY FOR IT! It is totally worth it. I had a really bad break before and had an above the elbow cast for 6 weeks then a below the elbow cast for 5 weeks. The first one was not water proof... total pain in the ***!
agreed. my brother had a cast on his wrist but he just had them put it on without the padding, that way he could get it wet while surfing, but now they have the Gore Procel cast liner, cant get it wet all you want, then it either drains out the end or your natural body heat will cause the remaining water to vaporize and leave through the casting tape. pretty sick stuff actually

btw. he wishes now he coulda got the procel, cuz it was a pain in the *** having a hard cast with no lining in it, but thats his problem not mine

i broke my hand last year about this time (5th metacarpal aka boxers fracture) and i was on short term disability from work, and it was sick cuz i actually ended up making $10 more a week to not work than if i had been working, cuz they factor in our last 16 weeks and pro-rate 60% of gross-able income, so, that included all the summer hours i had worked before coming back to school where i only work 24'ish hours a week. so i drank quite a bit of beer and figured out how to shoot a ping pong ball in beer pong with a cast on my hand, ish was hard.

Last edited by mctavish11; 10-22-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:39 PM
5th Gear

I've been lucky enough that I haven't broken any bones (yet), so I don't have a whole lot of suggestions.

I'd say go to Barnes and Noble and spend a good twenty minutes surveying the Transportation Magazines section, grab a couple of your liking, and read.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:40 PM
4th Gear

ive just broken all my fingers, my ankle playing soccer, and my big toe playing soccer.. other then that just some stitches here and there

Old 10-22-2008, 10:26 PM
3rd Gear

So i went to the zoo today not sure if i already mentioned that but now i am going to the movies. Tomorrow i might go to the laker's game but yeah it really sucks living life like this. Yeah panda it hurt pretty bad no better feeling then looking down and seeing your arm folded in half and going into shock was alot of fun to.

Attached Thumbnails Broke my arm...-arm2.jpg  

Last edited by ocadam; 10-22-2008 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:31 PM
4th Gear

Holy crap, dude! That's one hellacious break!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:08 PM
5th Gear

screw yourself up enough times, and its easier to keep yourself from going into shock. I could probably keep a thread on the first couple pages just with updates of new ways i've hurt myself. my usual reaction now is to laugh. its kinda sick. I have a pretty good tolerance to pain though.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:41 AM
3rd Gear

So i had went to the Doc today took out the staples about 40 and some stitches i didnt know about. But the Doc took off my cast and now i just wear a removable cast that im advised to have off as much as possible to recover muscles and nerves. But im really lucky that i only wore a cast for a week and a day! I have 2 plates and 12 screws holding it together if you wanted to know.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:04 PM
5th Gear

thats wild that they'd have you out if it so soon. i would have guessed a couple weeks at least!

Old 10-28-2008, 05:27 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by ocadam
So i had went to the Doc today took out the staples about 40 and some stitches i didnt know about. But the Doc took off my cast and now i just wear a removable cast that im advised to have off as much as possible to recover muscles and nerves. But im really lucky that i only wore a cast for a week and a day! I have 2 plates and 12 screws holding it together if you wanted to know.
sexy...

Quick Reply: Broke my arm...