Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bought an XBOX360

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 05:42 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bought an XBOX360

no seriously I sold a few that I had gotten in, most I would get was really 200-300 above retail. I have YET to see a $1500+ one actually comeplete if you follow the uaction you see they get listed under the 2nd chance rule cuz all the kiddies think it is fun to bid on ****

Old 12-02-2005, 05:48 PM
4th Gear

I was in local BestBuy earlier. They didn't have jack. Said that another shipment was going to hit around the 15th. Who knows? I'm going to wait for PS3 anyway.

BTW - Sell EvilA4! Sell! [8D]

Old 12-02-2005, 06:10 PM

So I received an EMAIL the other day (I havent even received my XBOX yet... but Im getting offers left and right).

So far, this is what I got from a guy named Billy... This seems kinda weird too. Just Read.

"Subject: FULL MAILING ADDRESS FOR IMMEDIATE PAYMENT"
Thanks for your reply concerning my enquiry.I am satisfied with the
condition of the item and willing to offer you an amount of $2100
including packaging.I would be glad to make payment with the following payment
options :
1.By sending you a money order through my BidPay account and
2.By sending you a postal money order through my United State
Postal Service(USPS) account.
Let me know which of the payment methods you will prefer so that i can
explain the process on how to receive money order through it.Looking
forward in doing business with you.
Billy."

He wants to offer me $100 more for it. Tell me what you guys think.

Old 12-02-2005, 06:17 PM
5th Gear

Well, if a postal money order clears... then you're golden.

Old 12-02-2005, 06:24 PM

I dunno... I have this feeling like he wants to scam me. Is this the wrong feeling to have. Besides... I dont even have the XBOX yet.

Also, it seems that I could get more. Look at the date, December has just begun and I am getting offers for $2k. There is no reason for it to go down, only up, if by a small amount. If this guy does check out, I may sell to him. My other friend is doing the same thing... he bought just the Premium system with no games for about the same price. If he doesnt sell it, he plans on keeping it... so in the end he didnt really lose anything. He predicts he will get $6k.

But ya... history is repeating itself! And I am putting in an order for the PS3 as soon as I get off work.

Old 12-02-2005, 06:40 PM
4th Gear

Evil - I think money orders have limits on amounts and it is below $2100. So if he sends you one for $2100, then it may be a fake. I don't have a lot of experience with money orders though. I would go with the Bidpay deal and after they have confirmed that you have the money, then send him his hunk'o'MS plastic and come on AF and gloat.

Old 12-02-2005, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

Evil - I think money orders have limits on amounts and it is below $2100. So if he sends you one for $2100, then it may be a fake. I don't have a lot of experience with money orders though. I would go with the Bidpay deal and after they have confirmed that you have the money, then send him his hunk'o'MS plastic and come on AF and gloat.

no just anything out of the country dont trust cuz when it bounces in three weeks your bent over and fucked like that girl they found in a ditch out on i95 the other night.

Old 12-03-2005, 12:33 AM
5th Gear

Yeah US postal money orders are good to go... or a bank draft or something... definately no limit on a bank draft.

Old 12-03-2005, 02:54 AM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: headshok2002

I have an x-box and a ps2... and I despise the x-box. I hate it. HATE IT! Such a piece of garbage. Everybody I know who owns an x-box has had some problems with it, at some point in time. The game cube is the best though!
ahaha! i still frikken looove my cube. you pick up hte new NFS btw?

Old 12-03-2005, 03:00 AM
4th Gear

cudos evil! that's awesome man. however, for those amounts, i'd never take anything but paypal... especially if you're getting offers left rigth and center.

you can gamble for some more coin... but i'm actually pretty surprised you hit the 2K mark; if i were you i'd be taking the money and running... s'all profit anyway... and for doing dick all, it's good profit. not really worth the risk when you do stand to lose $700.

...your friend needs to lay off the crack a bit though... $6K is just a tad unreasonable

Quick Reply: Bought an XBOX360