Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bought an XBOX360

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Default Bought an XBOX360

I just bought a premium 360 from EBAY 3 minutes ago for $700.

Now, I wasnt too excited about the 360 at first since a top of the line PC runs better looking games. (the nice things about consoles is that everyone has the same exact game, no one has a better or worse system. It leads me to believe that PCs for gaming will maybe die out... but I digress) I bought this bad boy to stow away till christmas and sell for an ungodly amount of money. When this first came out, the highest price I saw on ebay was about $3k just for the Premium system. The idea is to get the system, maybe buy some highly anticipated games (Call of Duty, Perfect Dark) and just wait till Christmas. Kinda like the stock market, Im going to watch EBAY as the prices start to rise... and a week before or so, Im going to sell mine. Im hoping that there will be some type of shortage and people are scrambling for them. If anything, I will make back what I bought it for... so Im not going to lose a penny. Its a gamble to see if I make anything but Im not going to lose anything.

If things go my way, Im hoping to sell it for $4k. $_$

Old 11-24-2005, 04:55 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Bought an XBOX360

wow, thats a smart idea!! i should look into that also. XBOX360 will be the most wanted thing for xmas this year i think. cant wait for ps3 thats what im looking forward to. im not into computer games for some reason

Old 11-24-2005, 05:21 PM

I dunno if you're going to get 4k out of it but you may be able to make more than you got it for. Microsoft is planning on having a shipment to each retail store each week. (Let's see if they actually are able to do that.) If they can't, then there will definately be a shortage and you should make some big bucks

Old 11-24-2005, 05:30 PM

Thats what Im banking on. If that doesnt happen... well, I can sell it for a few hundred dollars more or make money off the shipping. Damn Microsoft!!!

>Im not a huge fan of computer games either, they cost too much to play the latest games. Even as a kid, I knew consoles were the way to go... THE FUTURE. Me and some buddies throw a LAN party every now and then, last time it was only consoles... we had over 60 people show up as oppsed to the 20 that show up with computers.

Old 11-24-2005, 05:57 PM
3rd Gear

whenever there is a new system there is always a "shortage" to jack up prices.

Old 11-24-2005, 07:13 PM
3rd Gear

damn y the *** didnt i think of that

Old 11-24-2005, 07:14 PM
3rd Gear

wait 700?????? i saw em at the store for 399.99 why did u pay so much

Old 11-24-2005, 07:23 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: VB05

whenever there is a new system there is always a "shortage" to jack up prices.
That doesn't make sense... I'll let you think about why. I'm too lazy. But hint: microsoft doesn't get the money, from those jacked up prices!

Anyways, your plan is definately risky... as you paid above MSRP already. So if microsoft does meet demand closer to christmas... how will you "at least make my money back" ? I'd likely go to the store and pay 399 before buying it off you for 700... or 400 and a 300 dollar shipping quote

Old 11-24-2005, 08:20 PM

It does make sense because with supply and demand, if there is less of a supply of something and a large demand, prices will go up due to people wanting the limited quantity.

Of course microsoft doesnt get the profits from the higher prices, but people like him whos selling them on ebay will

Old 11-24-2005, 10:43 PM
4th Gear

lol. definatly makes sense shokington. and it's definatly why the prices are so high... kinda thought that one was obvious . I'd move that 360 NOW, like shokington said... you paid way above MSRP already... so while you may still be able to mak profit now... the longer you wait, the less demand there's going to be as we move to equalibrium... which is not going to be for quite some time... but the fanatics willing to pay way way over MSRP for their prescious console () are in low quantities... and you're slowly running out of these 'tards to sell to with each ebay auction taht ends.

edit: great idea btw. if i had the liquid capital... i'd have definatly done it. just sell it NOW

Quick Reply: Bought an XBOX360