Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bought a camera finally so I can get pics of the TT!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Zombie Defense Force
Default RE: Bought a camera finally so I can get pics of the TT!

nice camera. i agree you should learn the camera and not use it in auto settings. when ever i shot i always have it on full manual or controling the shutter speed or apatature and letting the camera chose the other.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:54 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Wintermute

I used to be a hardcore lanner. Drinking Bawls all night & playing Unreal Tor & Counter Strike.
Mmm. BF1942/DC and CS source all night for me. It used to be really fun in the summer...we'd set up our cases outside on the deck and grill stuff/game all night. It got scary when condensation gathered in our cases though. Women/work/cars ended my computer hobby.

I used to follow pure pwnage too. Few years ago I made this:
Name:  fpscheney.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  4.0 KB

Old 05-09-2008, 05:50 PM
5th Gear

I've been trying to re-find woot for almost a year! Stumbled across it once, thought it was pretty cool, but forgot the name. Didn't even know where to start looking for it again.

My first pics with the camera here aren't going to be pretty. Pretty dirty maybe.

I just spent an hr trying to find a autoparts store that carried triple square bits so I can do this rear end. Everyone looked at me funny, and tried to sell me torx bits. I said no, its similar to a torx, but picture a torx made of 3 overlapping squares. Triple square, get it? Ok, so a 12 point socket. No, its not a socket, I told you that when i walked in. Ok, a socket that looks like a female torx. No, we already covered this, NO SOCKETS.

Finally found a tiny little parts store on the edge of town, asked the guy, he had no clue, thought a minute and then said 'wait, is it for working on a VW?' Score. For catching him off his game, he gave me the 4 pack for wholesale ($15). The small parts stores are always the best.

With all the headache, I forgot to buy jackstands and a jack. I've always had the pit at home, or I'd jack one corner with the tire jack, and throw a block of wood under the a-arm, and set it back down. This parkinglot crap sucks.

Im gonna recheck the bentley to make sure I'm not missing anything else, then go buy jackstands, and if it's still reasonably light out, start disassembly. Should have the rear diff pulled, fluids changed, and the new one installed by tomorrow afternoon if all goes well. If all doesn't go well, I have no wheels to get tools/supplies. Exciting.

Old 05-09-2008, 06:18 PM
SoCal Crew Member

you all will get w3rk3d in CS: Source =)

I have a9 to 5, M - F,a gf and have modded the **** out my TT but that still doesn't mean you have to leave gaming out of your life

but ur right. my rig is SOO outdated (Pentium D 805/Geforce 7600 GT). stupid car, taking away from my rig funds.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:05 PM
2nd Gear

I have the boom headshot tshirt. I wear it to UPS quite often. I still have steam just never played it. But yea bf1942 I still have along with dawn of war & starcraft.