Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Bought a camera finally so I can get pics of the TT!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 10:46 PM
5th Gear
Default Bought a camera finally so I can get pics of the TT!

Went into Best buy for a sweet little camera (of which I've already forgot) that came in black/white. Turns out, only on the website, store model was some shitty bronze color. On the other side of the rack though, was a Sony Cybershot DCS H3, floor model for $200. Grabbed that, and now my pics will be coming to you in full 1080 HD. I'm waiting on the battery now, getting anxious, I'd like to take some pics so I can start fooling with this camera. I absolutely HATE 'auto' mode. Do it right, learn the camera. Theres sooo much you can do if you just learn a little about the equipment.

When I got done spending money there, I went to Hooters. Nothing new there, but turns out, the hot chick from the Italian restaurant I go to for lunch also works at Hooters, where, coincidentally, she's even hotter. Drives a VW that needs a little maintenance, I'd love to do it for her, but I don't think her boyfriend would appreciate.

When I got done spending money there, I came back to the apartment and pre-ordered a Asus Eee 900 PC. Bitchin little machine, has a solid state hard drive, only weighs about 2lbs, has wifi, and runs on Linux. That ran me $580. Excellent buy to start with, and on top of that, the Brits (who have had this PC for some time already) have already modded the hell out of them. Props to Asus for not locking down their equipment harder than Fort Knox. The PC is available 5/12, so I shouldn't have to wait too long hopefully. I got it in white, but even the pre order may be back ordred in white. Fingers crossed.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:19 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Bought a camera finally so I can get pics of the TT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz0QYI104cI
This one right?

I knew I heard of it before just forgot what it was called.
Jezz I forget about the computer world for a year & miss everything.
I guess I should start LANing again.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:56 PM
5th Gear

wtf!

dude, thats a funny pic. thought i was looking at a pile of clothes piled on a computer until i noticed the pile of clothes had feet.

Anyway, yeah, thats what I ordered. Is that not the most badass micro-pc you've ever seen? They were testing the windows version too, and as we all know, windows blows donkeyballs. I ordered the linux version, which is faster, and since you're not paying bill gates for his gay licensing, they could afford to put a larger HD in it. Windows = 12gb Linux = 20gb Linux>Windows.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:55 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ just get a blank HDD and do the Vista Ultimate OEM bypass trick.

i missed messing around with linux. ubuntu OS/gui was dope. simple and clean.

^root.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:01 AM

Poking around, but seriously funny pic! I studied it for a few seconds and then BAM feet! lol

Old 05-09-2008, 01:31 AM
2nd Gear

Ah I miss my LANning/overclocking/being a nerd days.

There's an organization that holds 100 person LAN parties around here... www.fites.net. I went to one and enter my case in the case mod competition and won first place think I brought that up before.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:33 AM
SoCal Crew Member

^ i pretty much overclock anything i get my hands on. like my car!

btw, there were 10MP Kodak cameras on www.woot.com for $90 a pop. you lucked out!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:46 AM
4th Gear

Can't wait to see the pictures! What is the MP for the camera??? If I remember my teaching right from when I went to school in cali your 1080 camera has a resolution of 1920×1080, or 2,073,600 pixels which equals out to just over 2MP... BUT they might have changed all that with this camera. IDK.

STILL I can't wait to see the pics!

Josh

Old 05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
4th Gear

Nevermind... Just looked it up and it's an 8.1MP camera... Not bad.

And one other thing... read this for the best possible pictures:

Image quality from the H3 can be quite nice if you stick with ISOs 100 and 200, though that niceness is marred a bit by the lens' noticeable distortion, as well as some purple fringing on high-contrast edges toward the edges of images. I saw more noise than I would've liked at ISO 400. While images are still very usable and much of the noise is minimized during printing, there is a noticeable falloff in shadow detail and fine detail at ISO 400. Stepping up to ISO 800, noise increases only slightly, but there's more of a falloff in shadow and fine detail. At ISO 1,600 noise becomes heavy and most shadow and fine detail is lost. The top sensitivity setting of ISO 3,200 yields extremely noisy images with completely blocked up shadows and fine details. For example, text which was crisp and clear at ISO 200 and below, becomes completely illegible at ISO 3,200. I suggest staying below ISO 1,600 when shooting with the H3 and sticking with ISO 100 or ISO 200 whenever possible.
I know when I shoot I NEVER EVER shoot about ISO 400 on my DSLR. Most of the time I will shoot ISO 100. Really the only time I will bump the ISO up is if I want to purposly add noise to my picture or if I am shooting in a low light situation w/out a tripod and need a more sensitive "film speed." DOn't know if you know but the lower the ISO number the less sensitive to light it is meaning you need a longer exposure to get the correct exposure while the higher the ISO the more sensitive to light it is which means you can expose for a less amount of time to get the right exposure... Just a little info to help you out... but you might have already know that... IDK GL and take some pictures already!!!!

josh

Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 PM
2nd Gear

I used to be a hardcore lanner. Drinking Bawls all night & playing Unreal Tor & Counter Strike.

Quick Reply: Bought a camera finally so I can get pics of the TT!