Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Boring day.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 07:36 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Boring day.....

ahhh that makes sense

Old 02-28-2006, 09:27 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: pturbo

ORIGINAL: XtremeAfrican

where do you live that you see all of these nice cars....i work in redmond and don't see that many nice cars. sure my boss has a s8 and a carrea, but damn man all in one day.
He lives in Vegas, where excess is the rule rather than the exception.
And actually that was a rather slow day.

Just in my little subivision, consisting of about 40 houses, there resides two E39 M5s, an E60 M5, two Saleen Mustangs, one supercharged Cobra making about 500hp, an F430, a 575M, a CL65, two supercharged Lightnings, a twin turbo G35 coupe, a handful of Jag XKs and XJs, probably a dozen or more late model Mercedes, my RX-7, my old roommate's Supra, and before Sandy moved one community over his NSX, then GT2 and his M5 were here also. One community over the other direction has even more, specifically 9 second Supra Turbo and a Porsche GT1, plus god knows how many AMGs or M-cars. Just leaving my house is like a car show everyday.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:12 AM
1st Gear

good lord, i will be in vegas on the 23rd maybe i will see something nice like that.

Old 03-01-2006, 01:51 AM
2nd Gear

Hey Silver, have I got a deal for you......
You can come to Orange County and entertain my 2 teenage daughters with your exploits ( I trust 'ya ), and I'll go Vegas and.................wash your cars. ('Air' dry, of course)

Old 03-01-2006, 02:49 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: karguy427

You can come to Orange County and entertain my 2 teenage daughters with your exploits ( I trust 'ya )
There is nothing now, nor has there ever been anything said by anyone to anyone, that could have ever possibly surprised me more than that statement.

There are dozens of things I would like to say to that, but seeing as they are your daughters, I'll refrain and be respectful (though you have no idea how difficult doing so is).

Suffice it to say, trusting me with teenage girls is akin to trusting Starr Jones with your bag of Famous Amos.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:21 AM
2nd Gear

Have you seen pics of Starr lately? She's sworn off the kitchen crack and got herself a makeover.
As for my girls, they can take care of themselves.........
Meant to say "tales of your exploits".
(Am I looking a little too eager here?)

Old 03-01-2006, 05:37 AM
2nd Gear

Ah, I see. Yes "tales of my exploits" surely would be more appropriate than actual exploits, given the situation.

However, your daughters must have teenage friends...... (no, no, bad line of thought, no, bad, stop it)

Old 03-02-2006, 01:01 AM
4th Gear

Thought I'd put this here instead of a new thread. No, I don't know why.

One of the better looking BMWs I've seen in a while. Sounds like it could be quick too.

The BMW M Coupe is the production version of the wildly popular Z4 coupe concept shown at the 2005 Frankfurt auto show. With the outgoing E46 M3's fantastic 338-hp inline-six and limited-slip differential, but with hundreds of pounds less weight to haul around, this coupe will accelerate from 0-60 in less than 5 seconds. BMW pegs the Z4 M Coupe's weight at 3104 lbs, which is 150 lbs heavier than the 295-hp Porsche Cayman S. If you're counting, that makes the Z4 M Coupe's power-to-weight ratio 8 percent better than the Porsche's. Enthusiasts have complained bitterly about all the technology-for-technology's-sake in recent BMW cars, and somebody at the M division is listening: Like the Z4 M Roadster, the Z4 M Coupe comes with a conventional 6-speed manual transmission, conventional hydraulically assisted steering, and conventional springs and shocks. This is like missionary sex with Jessica Simpson — no bad thing. The Z4 M Coupe will cost approximately $50,000, and for around $10,000 less, there will also be a non-M Z4 coupe with a 255-hp inline-six. Both cars arrive in the U.S. in late summer of 2006.

Old 03-02-2006, 01:44 AM
2nd Gear

That does look pretty good, the only obvious Bangle screw-up is the 645 style hatch end. Still ten times better than that M-Coupe/Z3 two door wagon thing of the past.

Actually, the more I look at it, the more it does just look like a 645 roof resized and strapped on. Hmm..... Lazy engineers, anyone?

Old 03-02-2006, 02:17 AM
4th Gear

I like the back end. Kinda reminds me of those top end Ferraris thru the years.

What I like least - and it's not that bad - is the way the hood connects to the front end/grill.

Quick Reply: Boring day.....