Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Boring day.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 02:46 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Boring day.....

1-805-346-9823

You like the chicks with the big foreheads, huh? Ok, to each his own.....

Old 02-27-2006, 03:43 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

Just buy the M5. You can probably find some fancy headlights and taillights and plug them in yourself.
Headlights and taillights for these cars aren't cheap, but they make such a huge difference in the overall look of the car. I know how much the taillights are, around $160-200 each, which isn't bad. What would concern me is whether or not I would have to go and mod the harness for them, because I would really rather not. I know the headlights require some rather intensive mods and money to change to the new version, but those would absolutely have to be done. The non-angel eyes just don't cut it in 06.

And only women need sat-nav.
It's not just the sat-nav, every OBc readout goes through this screen and it is pretty small and a little annoying to read in daylight compared to my old one.

But yes, actually using the sat-nav is a bit fluffy. Especially in Vegas. My CD-NAV was a 2001.5 version, and in 2001, the place that I live now was bare desert, so my sat-nav always showed me in the middle on nowhere when I got home. That was fun.

I'll probably be taking some pics of his M5 tomrrow or at least early this week sometime, and I already have some nice shots of the GT2, just need to run them through PS and tidy them up a bit and I'll post them (if anyone cares to see, that is.....). He wants me to take pics of the M5 because he's been thinking about selling it for an E55. I've tried to convince him that the M5 is probably the best car for what he does with his daily driver and not to get an E55, but he's still talking about it. Now he's talking about a CL600, which is even worse for him as he has two kids. I've tried my best to plant the RS6 bug (only if I can't convince him to keep the M), but so far he doesn't seem too interested in anything AWD.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:56 AM
3rd Gear

Can Jessica Biel do this?

Incidentally, Jessica Biel went to my middle/high school. I live a couple blocks away from the house where she grew up.

Sasha's face is eh...but...

Old 02-27-2006, 03:59 AM
2nd Gear

Jesse Biel can do this......

And honestly, if that's not good enough, I don't know what is.....

Old 02-27-2006, 04:28 PM
3rd Gear

Can Jessica Biel do this?

She could with a little help[sm=devilgrin.gif]

Sasha is pretty cute I guess, and her body is fit. (and bendable)

Old 02-27-2006, 04:37 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

Jesse Biel can do this......

Check out those fun bags![sm=drooldude.gif]

On a more serious note, what numbers is his Dinan M5 putting out? Sounds like an amazing car!
Plus, I would love to see a pic of his GT2, those are freakin' amazing. I love the GT's, shame I can't afford one myself.

PS: That guy in the background? Me after one night with Jessica = Done

Old 02-27-2006, 05:16 PM
2nd Gear

His M5 is probably only a DINAN 1.5, it's not quite the full S2 kit. It's probably around 430 at the flywheel, but the biggest improvment isn't the peak number, it's the midrange. If you've driven any M-cars you probably know about the sport button. It tightens up the steering, but it also increases throttle response by a lot. His car out of sport mode still had five times better throttle response than my car did in sport mode, and I didn't even try his with sport on. The stock M5 almost feels like a turbo car in that it has a certain RPM that it really comes on. The DINAN computer fills out that midrange and makes the powerband feel more like an RX-8, just a solid, consistant pull from the very bottom (although way way faster than the RX-8).

I'll get some of the GT2 pics up when I have a chance.

Old 02-27-2006, 05:23 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

His M5 is probably only a DINAN 1.5, it's not quite the full S2 kit. It's probably around 430 at the flywheel, but the biggest improvment isn't the peak number, it's the midrange. If you've driven any M-cars you probably know about the sport button. It tightens up the steering, but it also increases throttle response by a lot. His car out of sport mode still had five times better throttle response than my car did in sport mode, and I didn't even try his with sport on. The stock M5 almost feels like a turbo car in that it has a certain RPM that it really comes on. The DINAN computer fills out that midrange and makes the powerband feel more like an RX-8, just a solid, consistant pull from the very bottom (although way way faster than the RX-8).
Sounds amazing, like the "perfect" M5 setup. I can't imagine driving an M5 with a throttle range and response like that

Imagine what 'Sport' mode would be like!

Old 02-27-2006, 05:30 PM
4th Gear

I'd like to see those picts too. What year is the GT2?

Old 02-27-2006, 05:41 PM
2nd Gear

It's an 02 or 03 I think, but I don't really remember.

Here's one pic of it. It has the club Sport package as well, so lots of various carbon bits all over, and the four point bar in the back.

[IMG]local://upfiles/8714/C780EAC27C0B4693B289C1BBB3D40815.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Boring day.....