Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Boring day.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 01:29 AM
2nd Gear
Default Boring day.....

I hate days where I have nothing to do. All that I did today was drive a friend's modded Porsche GT2 and his DINAN M5. What a crap day. I long for a LifeTime afternoon special or something.

Ok, but no, I really did get to drive both of these cars and I'm just giggly. I was chatting on the phone with my buddy Sandy who was at the time trying to replace the pads on his StopTechs on the 2000 M5. He was having some trouble with one of the bolts and I offered to run by and lend a hand since he lives just one community over from me. I get over there and get the bolt out (since it wasn't my car, I wasn't afraid to just crank the fokker and hope for the best). As it happens, M5s have a little sensor that tells you when the pads are worn and need to be replaced and his was broken, so we need to run to BMW to get a new one. He has been complaining about his GT2 understeering due to the previous owners suspension settings, So I told him that he should let me drive it to try to diagnose the problem. Dude tosses me the key. I was shocked and awed, truly. So we take off and I put the car through it's paces. It really does understeer like a pig. So I told him what he needed to do and we head for BMW. I'm rolling up to the highway entrance when a Murcielago roadster crosses me and get on the highway. I have traffic in the way and can't immediately go after him, but after they all get out of the way and I have some clear road, I really pour it on to try to catch the guy, who by this time is long gone. I end up running around 130-140 down the road and after a minute I come up on the Murcie. Older guy, had a rather unattractive chick in the passenger seat. Total ***** extension car, in other words. It was even yellow. So I roll up next to him and buck the gas a few times to see if he'll play. Not surprisingly, he ignores us. I figured that maybe he thought it was just a regular 911 and not worth the race, so I really hit the boost and show him some tail, along with the GT2 badge. Still nothing. What a fruitcup. Everytime I give it a bit of gas to try to entice him and then slow back down next to him, he won't even look over, he just keeps looking over at his heifer and trying to pretend we're not right next to him. That's why I hate most exotic drivers, they buy the car to be seen in it, not really to drive it. I sooooooo wanted to give the guy a big thumbs down and boo at him, but Sandy asked me not to, and since it was his car we were in, I aquiesed and let the guy go without letting him know exactly what I thought of his fruity self.

Then just a few miles down the road, we're turning around to head back in the right direction to get to BMW, we see an 06 Z06 head north. Sadly, we just stuck behind traffic at a light, and by the time we were able to get flying again probably two minutes later, the Z06 was way gone, and since there were three or four exits he could have taken, I didn't want to just keep hauling *** hoping he was still on the highway. Then again, on Sahara, we see a Gallardo heading the opposite direction. I really wanted ro chase him, but traffic would have prevented any race anyway, so there was no point. I really really wanted to spank a Gallardo since Sandy has been considering trading in the GT2 on one, and he needs to see just how far he would be downgrading if he did that. Gallardos are fast, but this GT2 is psychotic. Full intake and exhaust, upgraded computer running about 1.2-1.3 BAR boost, and just a few other little tidbits. It has been known (though I'm not supposed to say anything about this) to have put two car lengths on a certain Porsche, a rather Greatly Terrific Carrera, if you know what I'm saying (wink wink nudge nudge). Yeah, that one. This car did a low 11 at the track here, and that's at 2000 ft elevation. At sea level, this is easily a ten second car. Then we got the part and proceeded back to his house with little else to speak of besides a Jetta 2.0 wanting to race us, but only after taking pictures. Gotta love German car owners loyalty, if nothing else. They knew exactly what that GT2 badge means. Most people look at it like it's just another 911, which in Vegas are almost as common as Mustangs.

Then we finished up the M5s brakes and he figured since I could handle the GT2 without killing us and I had owned an M5, that he might as well let me drive that around to, specifically to go meet his wife and kids for lunch. Nothing too special to report on that car, it's just the best car ever made, but you all probably already knew that I felt that way. Plus this one has many DINAN mods, so it flet in Vegas about like my car did in San Diego. Bit faster, bit more grip from the DINAN suspension, but other than that, it's the same car I know and love. As a matter of fact, driving his made me miss mine enought that I'm thinking about buying it from him. The only thing stopping me is that it's white, and it's the 2000 model, so smaller nav screen and no angel eyes of LED tails. Still going to think about it though. I did want to get the new Aston Martin V-8 Vantage, but A) those are pretty serious money and B) this M5 probably puts down identical track times with twice the number of doors. Damn I miss my car now.

So what I expected to be a pretty boring weekend turned out to be even more boring that I thought. And tomorrow are the roll-on races where some pretty exotic stuff meets up every Sunday. Anyone in Vegas, go to the Starbucks at Charleston and Town Center tomorrow around 1pm. It's usually fun.

Old 02-26-2006, 01:49 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Boring day.....

I don't believe you. You were sat at home all day jacking off to Blade 3. Even more worrying was it wasn't over Jessica but Mr. Snipes. I keed I keed.

Old 02-26-2006, 03:59 AM
2nd Gear

You know, that's what I had intended to do, but instead I was forced to take on the actions described in the preceding story. Sometimes you just have to make sacrifices.

The highlight of the day was when there was an X5 going a thousand million miles an hour, 0.24393949 microns from my back bumper. Guess what I did?

On a side note, I would really prefer if you (or anyone on this board with a *****) would not contemplate my masturbatory habits ever again, for any reason. That would be super, thanks......

Old 02-26-2006, 04:41 AM
Senior Administrator

ORIGINAL: SilverSeven

On a side note, I would really prefer if you (or anyone on this board with a *****) would not contemplate my masturbatory habits ever again, for any reason. That would be super, thanks......
I hear Gorilla Glue makes the BEST lubrificant...

Old 02-26-2006, 04:47 AM
2nd Gear

And here all this time, I thought AWDaholic had a *****.

Old 02-26-2006, 04:43 PM
3rd Gear

It's acquiesced, you toolbag.

Just buy the M5. You can probably find some fancy headlights and taillights and plug them in yourself.

And only women need sat-nav.

Old 02-26-2006, 05:03 PM
3rd Gear

Awesome story. Sounds like you had a lot of fun drivin that, I was just in Vegas over Valentines Day and it was a blast. Saw a couple of Lambo's but that was pretty much it.

Old 02-26-2006, 05:36 PM
5th Gear

You got rid of your M5? What the fack? I've been away from off-topic too long... is there a thread about this?

Old 02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Yuikio

It's acquiesced, you toolbag.
So it is. I was typing in a hurry and didn't even notice that I spelled it wrong. Can you ever forgive me?

Mybe ifns ah sTRT typin liek AWD and APG, yall wnt notiseses mah fuggups s mush.

There is not thread about the M5 going bye bye, it was in my sig for a while, but I took it down as I figured everyone had a chance to see it.

But yes, Annie is gone. Some guy from Utah wanted her more than I did, and had a check to equal his desire

Old 02-27-2006, 02:22 AM
3rd Gear

I'll think about it....if you knew Sasha Cohen's number, we could talk.

Quick Reply: Boring day.....