Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

BLACKLIST AF USER "KAIBONG"

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 07:58 PM
1st Gear
Default BLACKLIST AF USER "KAIBONG"

He's selling a 2003 A4 1.8T...black on black, manual with 39K on it. I travelled to L.A. this past weekend from Denver and he cost me about $500 in travels after we'd talked for several weeks on the phone about the transaction and came to an agreement for me to fly out and purchase the car. Here is my response to his post...please don't deal with him, it was the most unprofessional deal I've ever come across:

__________________________________________________ ____
DON'T DEAL WITH THIS SELLER. I got him down to $18,000...and FLEW ALL THE WAY FROM CO TO L.A. with a bank cashier's check in hand this past weekend (5/4/07) and he broke our agreement.

He WOULDNT accept the check. It HAD to be cash IMMEDIATELY...which translated to me having to have a bank account at Bank of America, and $18,000 cash in that specific bank account. His bank said they had to put a hold on the cashiers check until it cleared (every bank does this), and he refused the sale. I paid $500 in all after talking to him on the phone for almost three weeks about the transaction, before we agreed for me to purchase a flight and fly out.

So this past weekend I FLEW TO L.A. only to have him turn the sale down after we both agreed I would have to have a cashier's check made in his name, for the exact amount. I had my money in place and everything...spent hours trying to persuade him that my check was good (even after we called the bank to verify that it was a legitimate check with no holds on it). We spent three hours INSIDE his own bank with an employee so that the account manager could make him understand that a cashier's check is GUARANTEED cash.

Jesus, DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY, he doesn't understand the concept of how an automobile transaction goes through.

CALL ME IF YOU HAVE FURTHER QUESTIONS. He's a scam, and a waste of your time. I WASTED $500 going to L.A. because he sounded legit on the phone...I want to spare all of you the trouble...just find a different car this one's not worth it. I want to take him to small claims court over what I had to pay to get out there because he changed the agreement....
__________________________________________________ _

Matt Lampkin "LampyB."
970-688-1393 with ANY/ALL questions

Old 05-07-2007, 08:00 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: BLACKLIST AF USER "KAIBONG"

i would take him to court. screw that. Get that 500 back!

Old 05-07-2007, 08:01 PM
4th Gear

That is a B****!

The guy I got mine from almost pulled the same shi*.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:05 PM
1st Gear

if i go to court i have strong chance at getting my $500 back, but the other $300 I'm going to spend just travelling back to L.A. I probably won't get back. It's a high risk to travel back there, I'm not sure if I want to risk that much more money....

LampyB.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:24 PM
4th Gear

Why are you going back? Not to get the car I hope, unless your traveling expenses are subtracted form the sale.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Administrator

he is talking about the 300 it would take to fly to court.. not sure about the laws in Cali, but I know that some states will allow you to persue up to 3x the actual amount.. so you could also tack on the extra costs

Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 PM
4th Gear

^ it's referred to as "pain and suffering" but Karl's right - take the expenses and triple it

Old 05-07-2007, 10:08 PM
4th Gear

Thats BS man, that guy deserves an *** beating.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:55 AM
4th Gear

Sounds like hes a scam artist if he just wanted cash upfront

Old 05-08-2007, 07:12 AM
Senior Administrator

Sounds like he needs: A PUNCH IN THA THROAT!!!

Quick Reply: BLACKLIST AF USER "KAIBONG"