Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Almost anything goes.

Big life changes for a simpler life...

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:28 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Big life changes for a simpler life...

ORIGINAL: bentframe

travel the world. take one, long trip for at least 2 weeks, preferably longer. go to as many different regions of the world as you can afford. forget all the tourist spots (most of europe, hawaii, mexico, canada, etc). go to thailand (watch out for pick-pocketers), australia, china (watch out for people peeing in the street), india, egypt, south africa (watch out for pirates), alaska, the indonesian islands...stay a few days in each spot and just explore. you'll feel much, MUCH better when you get back.

Good advice bentframe, I wish I had the time right now, believe me. And I would need more than 2 weeks! Last time I went on a big travelling trip I didn't get back for over a year

I have been very fortunate to have travelled alot of the globe growing up, but travel does help me put things in perspective and I do miss it. I spent a year travelling the world when I was 21 with some friends. My mum grew up on the streets of Kuala Lumpar, and fled to Singapore when the Japanese over-ran China and Malaysia. So I have been to China - Hong Kong and Beijing, Singapore, Malaysia, to see my mothers side of the family, also, Dubai, New Zealand, Fiji, Somoa, Morocco, South Africa - JoBerg and Pretoria, The Serengetti, Canary Islands, Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Switzerland, Andorra, France, Belguim, Czech Republic, Sweden, Cypress, Malta, Ireland, Scotland, Bulgaria, Bangkok, Maldives, Mauritius, plus all across the States of course. I have also lived in Brisbane, Australia, Auckland, New Zealand, and Singapore for extended periods of my life.

I agree, travel is very important , to me at least, and I would say I am 'fairly' worldly in that respect. And I don't take that for granted. I think it's one of the reasons I am feeling so "stuck" right now

Old 12-15-2005, 03:35 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: SP4NK3R

The only seriously gratifying experience is found in giving to people.
I agree.

The only catch to this actually working is that you have to have "it" to give "it". Or, to say what I actually mean, you have to have it to recieve it. So, you can fake it and someone else can get it, but you wont get it, your full of it and you know it.

To be bold, I would say, your close, really close, but you know you don't have it (hence the way you currently feel)...you better find it, cause you won't rest till you do (which is the only way to get there).
Spanker, you lost me there mate. I have read this 5 times and still don't get it. Please explain again for the stupid people. Thx.

Personally, I think you might make it.
Thx man, you have more faith in me than even I.[&:]

Old 12-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Administrator

The only seriously gratifying experience is found in giving to people.
And I'm refering to giving them something that changes their lives and helps them become happier and healthier or more at peace with themselves.
The only catch to this actually working is that you have to have "it" to give "it". Or, to say what I actually mean, you have to have it to recieve it. So, you can fake it and someone else can get it, but you wont get it, your full of it and you know it.

i think hes saying u can pretend to care about others by giving and caring but theres no point casue u dont really care and your just fooling your self casue what is the point of doing somehting if there is no meaning to it, you have to have the passion or drive im guessing to do it casue if you dont your just trying to fill the void wit something else

Old 12-15-2005, 04:17 AM

yeah, I think you guys do know what I'm talking about, it's just difficult to get it into words even poorly, never mind well.

Yes, Pandaman, thats the first part of it, definitely.

Quattro, you've decided to follow a spiritual path, you have decided to be a "teacher".

So do that.

...darkness within darkness
the gate to all mystery

And as Silver Seven says, you don't have to give away all that the old you holds valuable, you just have to give up your attatchment to it.

Old 12-15-2005, 04:39 AM
3rd Gear

yeah, I think you guys do know what I'm talking about, it's just difficult to get it into words even poorly, never mind well.

Yes, Pandaman, thats the first part of it, definitely.

Quattro, you've decided to follow a spiritual path, you have decided to be a "teacher".

So do that.

...darkness within darkness
the gate to all mystery
This part I still don't understand....you're going to have to beat it into me at a Chicago meet.

And as Silver Seven says, you don't have to give away all that the old you holds valuable, you just have to give up your attatchment to it.
This I think I follow, thx man.

Old 12-15-2005, 04:41 AM
2nd Gear

Did I say that? Wow, I'm deep. I wish hitting ALT+S would submit the post like most forums, but no, I actually have to grab the damned mouse and do it myself. What the hell is the forum world coming to>

Old 12-15-2005, 04:41 AM
18T
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: QuattroGT74

This part I still don't understand....you're going to have to beat it into me at a Chicago meet.

LOL i can totaly see that happening..

Old 12-15-2005, 04:42 AM
Administrator

SP4NK3R are u trying to say theres no point in just giving and giving casue they are just gonna take and take
its better to teach them something so htye can fulfill their own empty void
is it by filling other peoples voids you are filling your own

Old 12-15-2005, 05:22 AM

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

SP4NK3R are u trying to say theres no point in just giving and giving casue they are just gonna take and take
its better to teach them something so htye can fulfill their own empty void
is it by filling other peoples voids you are filling your own
Thats pretty damn good Panda.

Furthermore, I have to say that by reading your

"is it by filling other peoples voids you are filling your own"

comment, that I don't like you as much as I used to...a little to close to home.

Old 12-15-2005, 05:26 AM
Administrator

Furthermore, I have to say that by reading your

"is it by filling other peoples voids you are filling your own"

comment, that I don't like you as much as I used to...a little to close to home.
im guess that comment getting old and used up i guess, its not really the rite way to go rite, sounds like you are using other people to fulfill your needs

Quick Reply: Big life changes for a simpler life...